Monday, November 07, 2005

"Bloemen"




Yes !!!I got pictures from my quilt which was hanging in a show in France ! It was to far for me to see the show by myself . I am so proud! The quilt is called "Bloemen" which means Flowers.
It is a applique pattern from The Sampler Magazine , only the border is different as from the pattern. . I made the quilt again all by hand. It took me a long time because it ended sometimes as a UFO. The fabric from the flowers are desinged by a Dutch designer "Den Haan en Wagenmakers". If you look on them site you can see beautifull fabric . Reproductions from Dutch traditional clothes. www.dutchquilts.com . They organized also the show in France !

Lucy








9 comments:

Sarah said...

Lucy -

Another beautiful quilt. You must have the patience of a saint to do all this by hand! Thanks for showing all your great photos with us!

Sarah

Carolyn said...

Lucy, I love your quilt! You have an amazing talent and a great deal of patience to do all of this by hand. The quilt looks beautiful!

Sharon said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing all your quilts. It's like going to a special quilt show in your honor! You have a great eye for color placement, too!

Lynn Dykstra said...

mooi, mooi!
Lynn

Finn said...

Love the quilt Lucy....so wonderful that you could get pictures. What alot of work went into this one. I love your border idea.

Bonnie said...

I am so thrilled with being able to read your blog when I come through the ring! It's just like coming to sit in your kitchen for a visit!

bonnie

Melzie said...

I love looking at your beautiful quilts, I will definitely come back to see more :) Melody

Dawn said...

Oh Lucy this is wonderful! And how exciting that it was in a show in France! To bad you couldn't see it in the show, but how wonderful you got pictures at least!

And I love the border you did with this one!

Tonya R said...

It's such a lovely quilt, Lucy. I love the way it glows on that red background.