Thursday, November 03, 2005

Bonnie and me !


I met Bonnie on internet about more than 1.5 years ago. It was just that I met my sister. We have so much in common that we never stop writing to each other. And believe me it still isn't boring.
Last spring I visit Bonnie for a week. My husband René encourage me to go .(after a trouble year with the health of my dad) He took free for a week from his job to take care about our 4 children . (One daughter is mentally handicapted). So this Mom took the plane to the USA all alone. ( this was the second time I fly in my whole almost 40 years live) . From the first moment I met bonnie it was so GREAT!! We have had so much fun together. I will share this picture with you. I took it in a mirror. We were in a antique shop trying those old hats!

Lucy

ps. A week wasn't enough to see all the quilts from Bonnie.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh what a wonderful picture and memory of your visit! I met a quilter from France about 6 years ago and we still write also! And last summer she came over with her husband and stayed a week to meet and visit us! We had such a wonderful time!

Isn't it wonderful how the internet can bring people together.

And you know what! The last quilt is a Jan Patek pattern!

Bonnie said...

I loved that antique mall! We had such a fun day going to the antique stores, the guitar store, and LITTLE QUILTS in Marrietta GA!

I wonder how many people will see the picture and not see US in the mirror!! *LOL*

Bonnie

Finn said...

Wonderful picture..and what wonderful memories..*S* We quilter really CAN do whatever we set out to do..congratulations on making that trip !! Hope you will come again.

Sharon said...

I know what you mean about Bonnie being a long lost relative. I've known her for over 10 years now (Bonnie, how can that be?) and I truly enjoy her friendship!

Please, Lucy, share more of your quilts, and think about joining the Mavericks!

jenclair said...

Good for you! Sounds like a wonderful and well-deserved trip, and your husband sounds like a "keeper" for encouraging you to go. Your quilts are beautiful.