Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I will show you ...









I thought I will post a picture from my little quilt when it is finished . But I love the result for so far so much that I decided to post it immediately .

The finished nine patch are about 1 3/4 inch ( I made this quilt in cm) . The whole size of the quilt is about 18/15 inch . It is a lovely size.

The tiny squares are my last cut from a piece of fabric . Everything smaller I throw away. I save these squares for my leaders and enders. I love to play with them :c)

Lucy

10 comments:

utebr said...

Hallo Lucy,
durch Zufall habe ich diese Seite erwischt. Der Mini ist klasse geworden. Z.Zt. schaue ich t├Ąglich rein, was es Neues gibt.

Sarah said...

Lucy -

It is adorable! I have always wanted to make a miniature quilt but that tiny pieces are intimadating!

Sarah

Bonnie said...

SO SO SO cute! I love a quick project like this! I can't believe those 9 patches are that small...The smallest squares I save are 1.5" which would give me a 3" 9 patch! And that is small enough to me! :c)

You amaze me!
Bonnie

Carolyn said...

Lucy, it's beautiful! I did a 9 patch that small once and know what a challenge it can be...great job!

Finn said...

Lucy, I love it! I'm a big fan of browns and tans. Great choice for borders *VBS* The piece size is incredible...! Like Bonnie, I only save 1.5" scraps..did 1" once, and that was enough..LOL

Dawn said...

Lucy - that is beautiful! I love that brown fabric that is the setting squares and border. It has such a warm feel to it! I'm so glad you showed us now!!!!

JudyL said...

Lucy: That is an amazing little quilt! I make blocks bigger than your whole quilt. No tiny piecing for me!

You did a wonderful job!

Judy L.

Tonya R said...

I love how this quilt turned out - love the colors and the small size of the blocks. Really lovely.

Nines said...

A very beautiful quilt. Especially with the amarillis in front of it! What kind of quilting will you do on it? Love the brown.

Holly said...

Very, very pretty, Lucy. I want to make one now. I like your style. You are an inspiration.