Thursday, November 03, 2005

Thank you!




It was so great to wake up this morning !! I found all your great and warm words to welcome me. I got blushes on my cheeks when I see all the compliments, special from Bonnie! It feel great to enjoy this circle of quiltfriends.

You asked for more quilts. If I do everyday one it looks like I made a lot :c) .

This is a quilt made by dutch fabric, some antique from original dutch clothes. Some new .
I bought these fabric during our sailingvacation over the ducth waters. The quilt is called "Save Harbour". In one piece of fabric is still the little hook from the old costume. I need to make a picture from that . So it is comming soon . The quilt is all made by hand, also the piecing and the binding! I wish the colors on the pictures where better. Just like in real .

Lucy

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Lucy -

This is another great quilt! I am amazed that you did all the work by hand! I do not have the patience for that!

Sarah N.

JudyL said...

Lucy: Gorgeous quilts! Thanks for sharing. Listen to Bonnie . . she's a quilting genius! Come join us at Quilt Mavericks!

Judy L.

Finn said...

Good Morning Lucy, I love the quilt that you posted second. It's so lovely to look at, as is your little garden space and clothes lines..*S* I love hand piecing, it's very satifying. I look forward to seeing more quilts and the little "hook". Thanks for sharing...*S*

Dawn said...

Lucy! Welcome! Oh yes - you must keep posting pictures of your work! I absolutely love this quilt! I especially love the border fabric - that is so gorgeous!

I can't wait to see more of your work. Feel free to come visit my blog at: http://dquilts.blogspot.com/

Dawn

Nines said...

Lucy- I machine quilted a quilt just like this one- only the colors were reversed. I love that you did it scrappy. I am actually considering trying to hand-piece a quilt after seeing your beautiful work. How do you do it with 4 children? You are so inspiring! The fabrics are lovely, lovely. Aren't old fabrics wonderful? Do show more!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous quilt. Your blog is inspiring me so much. Thanks for sharing.