Wednesday, December 21, 2005

BOOK





Girls,

A few days ago I got from Gerda ,who owns the guild library, a very interesting new book to read! ( the book is from Good Books www.goodbks.com) I am busy with reading the first pages and Oh my , it is already so interesting that I will share it with you . When you enlarge two times the picture with the text you can read it! I love always history stories from woman. It is the other history we didn't learn at school. But so interesting!! Read the first page and I am sure you want more :c)

Lucy

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Don't you just love great books like this! I love reading about women in the older times and the history of quilts! What fun that you got this to read!

I just got a new book to read last night on old quilts also from the state of Washington that Finn had mentioned! Oh it was beautiful!

Dawn said...

Oh cool - I see I can buy it from Borders Books too!!! I found it listed!!! I will have to treat myself to a new book after Christmas!

Nines said...

I just ordered it! Thank you so much for the link- they were having a sale! I love history and this sounds really great!

JudyL said...

That looks like a wonderful book. Thanks for sharing the info and the link.

Judy L.

Sharon said...

Me too! Me too! I just ordered it! Thanks for sharing - I can hardly wait to read more (and see the quilts)

Tonya R said...

Looks like a good book. Thanks for the recommendation.

Carol E. said...

Guess what.. I have this book, too, AND the quilts from this book have been on tour, and I SAW THEM in Minneapolis!! It was very cool.

Jenny in Belgium said...

Hi Lucy, ik heb dit boek net gekocht en het is leuk om WWII door de ogen van gewone mensen te zien en te begrijpen. Mooie quilts ook.
groetjes
Jenny