Thursday, December 22, 2005

My fourth UFO


Today I will show you my fourth UFO. Actually I start it and I have only nine blocks.
I will reproduce a antique quilt from which I found a picture on internet . I love the colors , I love the business in it and also the simplicity ! And now I also think this quilt is very Maverick :c) !!! On the picture from the antique quilt I can see clear the blocks. I start with mine and it is not so easy to make it ! The blocks won't show up so nice as in the original. But I think I need to go on and when I have more they will show up better!!


As you can see at my picture, the weather is here still grey and dark. Even with my flashlight the pictures are a bit to dark . I crave to a bit of sunshine :c)

Lucy

8 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

your version looks fine. I think your will like it better once you have more blocks to add in.... Did you piece is like an hourglass also known as 1/4 square triangle?

Dawn said...

Lucy - you are making me drool again! The fabrics you are using are soooo perfect and sooo me!

That is an awesome quilt! Oh my - you are making me want to make one of these! I really like it!

Carolyn said...

Lucy, your blocks look great! This quilt is beautiful, although it looks like the blocks would take a long time to piece. I'm loving your UFO show!

Holly said...

I think your blocks look just as nice as the antique version. I can't wait to see more!

Finn said...

Beautiful beginnings Lucy, I love the pattern. I have made one very similar..but mine uses a square for the center, and is called "Economy Patch". I think the triangle centers give more movement. Keep up the good work.

Tracey said...

I'm with Dawn....I WANT TO MAKE ONE!!! Oh, Lucy...you're killing me and my UFO bustin' here! :oP I LOVE it!!!

Tonya R said...

I love both the original quilt (unusual striped fabric) as well as your blocks - another great quilt someday for you.

janny said...

If you look at the quilt diagonal, it looks more simple!
No blocks, just rows.