Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sinterklaas

Today we celebrate with our family "Sinterklaas". ( this must be memories for you Lynn:c) This is a real dutch celebration ! Looks like Santa Claus but then different and we celebrate it at 5 december. It is a long story to explain .And I can make it easy to give you this link ;c)
http://www.thehollandring.com/sinterklaas.shtml
Because 5 december is this year on monday we decided to celebrate it today .

Last week my DS Pim and DD Natasja have played "Zwarte Piet " in church for little children. I need to say that they were dressed up very 'bad'. I can't believe that the children didn't saw that Sinterklaas was not real. LOL




I have all the presents in house. It was a busy week for me. (I know you are all now busy with buying them.) Over a couple of hours we play that Sinterklaas are bringing the presents. A very nice moment !

Lucy

7 comments:

Finn said...

Lovely picture, Happy Holiday Lucy..*VBS*

Carolyn said...

Enjoy your holiday!

Tonya R said...

I enjoyed reading about Sinterklaas. Did you write poems to go with the gifts? Were the gifts hidden all over the house? Hope Saint Nick was good to you all.

Tracey said...

Oh wow!! How neat! I love hearing about your area of the world Lucy. I hope you and your family had a wonderful time!

Samantha said...

Sounds like a lovely day! Hope you had so much fun!

Dawn said...

Oh yes - Sinterklaas - is St. Nickolas day. My teenagers get to celebrate this day in their foriegn language classes. They leave their shoes outside of their classrooms and St Nick comes and gives them candy while in class!

I love the pictures of last year all dressed up!

Sharon said...

I just love this picture! It surely makes me smile!

The wonder of small children makes anything real, doesn't it?