Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Teacher !!



Yesterday I gave my first class to a special group. It was for me to try if everything went oké and for the shopowner to see if I can make it. My students was the quiltgroup from the shopower. 12 Nice Lady's :c) . The class I was doing was this String Star. I saw the pattern at Bonnie's house. I love it immediately and decided to make one from all my fabrics I bought in America. Because the fabric here is so expensive , 17 dollar a yard you will understand that I bought a big suitcase full with fabric to bring home:c) . So this quilt is called "America Memories". It is very scrappy. The background is dark purple. Because the stars are not comming out very beautifull I decide to make a another one for the class.



I think that customers like this more. It is more organized :c). I got yesterday all enthousiatic reactions!!! They love it all. And now it is on the program for next season two times !!! I also have next season Two samplergroups to teach by my own. I am so Happy !!! Now I am a reall teacher in the shop !!

btw , the purple stars are one of my UFO's and the other is a quilt where I am working on now. I hope it will be finished in two weeks :c)

Lucy

ps. The light is dark here today :c(. so the pictures are a bit dark too....

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh I love your string stars! Both are wonderful! But yes you can see the stars better in the 2nd one. But looking at this today it gave me many ideas for scraps of triangles - Hmmm, my brain is thinking now!

And I'm so glad your class went well! I knew your teaching would be wonderful!

Finn said...

Both quilts are just beautiful Lucy! I love the intensity of the purple one, and it will always be special to you, I know..*VBS* (yes, very big smile)

Congratulations on becoming a teacher...I think that is sooo wonderful!! Hugs, Finn

The Calico Cat said...

congrats on becoming a teacher! I love both variations.... BTW I also thing that in general people are more comfortable with the light background..... I get far fewer questions like, "Why did you use that for the background?" when I choose to use a light one....

Again, I LOVE them both....
I have a similar UFO - mine has more "strings" in the diamonds. (No matching seams) I need to cut out my background - an indigo blue....

Tracey said...

Lucy, now why are you surprised that they wanted YOU as their teacher?? You are a *fabulous* quilter! Those girls are lucky to have you. I love the quilt you will be working on with them. I always seem to add to my list of quilts I want to make when I visit your blog! :o)

JudyL said...

Lucy: Congratulations! You'll be so happy to be teaching others to quilt and make beautiful quilts like those you make. I love the star quilts.

The fabrics that are $17/yard there . . are they the exact same fabrics you see in America or are they wider or different in any way?

Judy L.

Nines said...

I love these quilts as I have loved all of the ones you have shown us. Maybe now that you are a teacher in a quilt shop, you will be able to buy a little more of the $17 a yard fabric!! Or maybe another trip to the U.S. to visit Bonnie and buy less expensive fabric! Congratulations on passing the art of quilting to others as a teacher. You'll be great. Nina

Sharon said...

Don't forget, Lucy - you have personal shoppers here in the US to fill orders for you!

Congrats on the teaching, and I agree that I am not surprised that they picked YOU!

Tonya R said...

Congratulations on the teaching job. Both quilts are marvelous - I love the colors in the purple quilt and the fact that you can't instantly see the stars.

Holly said...

Lucy, thank you for showcasing your "america memories" quilt. I knew I had seen one like it before and then you mentioned Bonnie's so I remember now. It is so pretty. I'm glad you like teaching.

Giusypatch Quilting and other stuff said...

Hi Lucy, that's Giusy from Italy, my english isn't good bytheway, we can uderstand each other as well :-))) I love this star pattern!! where did you buy it? there is a website where to order it? Here in Italy fabric it's expensive too, so I shop on line directly from american quilts shop!
Happy New Year! Giusy