Wednesday, December 28, 2005

UFO number 5


This is the next UFO I will show you. Once Bonnie was busy with this block and I liked it! Easy to make ( hè Bonnie, I never seen yours finished ;c) Actually I would make a quilt from my "Ugly" fabric and try to machine quilt it! Well, I saw soon that it was become so nice so I added also nice fabric in it. And now all my girls in my house like it ( so do I ) and I don't dare to machine quilt it. It is so difficult to do! And I have no experience with it. It is now on my pile for handquilting.

Lucy

7 comments:

Tonya R said...

Oh, it's wonderful - I can see why you all fell in love with it. I love how sometimes the diagonal row is dark fabric and sometimes light. The border finishes it off really well.

The Calico Cat said...

lovely, I like the scrappy border.... I still need to try that!

Finn said...

It's a great quilt! I like how sometimes I can see the diagonal run in each block, but then it disppears..very neat!

Dawn said...

Lucy another great quilt! Oh I wish I could see them all in person! I love it! This one is wonderful!

Sandra said...

Another great quilt Lucy - love the scrappy border and how the red cornerstones pop out.

Holly said...

You don't have any ugly fabrics... they are all beautiful :) I love your use of color and scraps. Another beautiful quilt top.

Bonnie said...

I love this quilt so much!...and yes I have a stack of these double 4 patch blocks waiting to be set. A BIG UFO for me because the blocks are done..it should be easy to put together from here but I am not inspired! :cÞ I do like how you put yours with the sashings and the scrappy border. I think this quilt needs MORE FANS! :cD

Bonnie