Thursday, January 26, 2006

Baby


My little brother is becoming a dad in a few weeks. I thought that I first want to know if the baby is a boy or a girl before I make the quilt . With a girl you can use a lot of pinks ( nice color :c) .
But yesterday I thought: NO , I need to make the quilt right now. I don't know what time we can expect with my dad's ilness . Now I have the time to make one ... So I dig in my stash and this is what came out !! The cradle for the Baby was from my brother when he was a baby . Also my four kids have used it !! The color from the covering is white with a mint dot. So I thought this simple quilt would be perfect in it ! Now I need to quilt it . I am in a hurry because they expected the baby at 8 february !!!

Lucy

11 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love it! It is SO SWEET! I think clamshells will go quickly and look good on it....I can't wait to see it quilted!

I think it is so special that the baby will be in the cradle that has been passed down through many children. That makes my heart warm.

Bonnie

cher said...

oh how sweet! a perfect little quilt..and what a wonderful tradition of passing along the cradle-looking forward to seeing what you quilt

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Beautiful quilt Lucy - sure to be loved by either a boy or a girl!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Patty said...

How sweet, I think it will be just perfect for this new little one.
I love the idea of the cradle being passed down from one generation to another.

Sewcatherine said...

Oh, I love the mint color. That will be great for either sex...a timeless piece.

JudyL said...

Lucy, a lovely baby quilt. That's very nice that the cradle is being passed down through the family and all will have used it.

Judy L.

cindyquilts said...

What a wonderful gift ... and such warm memories.

Sandra said...

I love the check background/border - perfect colour and pattern for either boy or girl. A lovely quilt - can't wait to see it quilted

Holly said...

Very pretty quilt! I love the cradle story.

Dawn said...

Oh Lucy - it is perfect! Oh and what a happy thought - a new baby! How fun!

Finn said...

Hello Lucy, I'm back and wandering around trying to catch up..*VBS* How wonderful..you will be an auntie! I love the quilt, it is so soft and appealing. Good color choice I think, and of course, I love sawtooth stars..*VBS*