Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Done!


The starquilt is ready! This is such a good feeling :c) . I quilt it with fan's. And look Dawn they are also not perfect :c) I have had some troubles with the stencil I used . But I think only some people will notice it! And for me it is not important that a quilt must be perfect! It is the "feeling" which makes the quilt :c) .

I tried to make a picture from the fans . Hope you can see them.


And I tried to make a picture from the quilt displayed in my house ... You can also see a bit from the stained glass door, they seperate our livingroom. My house is build in 1937. The doors are original. So also my mantelpiece is original. At the other side we have the same mantelpiece and in front we have a woodstove !

Lucy

12 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I love it - imperfect fans and all!

Bonnie said...

It looks terrific Lucy!! I like the feel of 'not so perfect' fans! I can imagine ladies drawing them with a string tied to a pencil before they even had stencils. It has a great comfortable and warm feeling! I am sure your class is going to be so great..the sample is wonderful!

Bonnie

Finn said...

I think the quilt and the fans are perfect!! Just the way they should be..otherwise it might look done by a machine.

Your colors are soooo great! And I'm very happy that Bonnie can come and see you..*VBS*

Dawn said...

Oh Lucy - I just love that quilt - and the fans quilting is perfect on it! You did a lovely job - it looks perfect to me!

I just love these stars but they look way too hard for me to attempt at this point! Maybe if I ever find I have more time to play!

Patty said...

What a lovely quilt and the fan quilting looks fine to me.

Sandra said...

This is a gorgeous little quilt - love the colours, love the quilting! I must find a top that I can do fans on - every quilt that has them looks brilliant :-)

dot said...

What a neat little quilt. I am so impressed on how beautiful quilts are. The same pattern, different fabric, and such different results. Keep posting, I love to look.

Joanne said...

I like your stars -- and the fan quilting. Your house looks nice, too!

Holly said...

Very nice job, Lucy, I love your fans. You are a fast handquilter!

Tonya R said...

I love the quilt, especially the different border fabrics. The quilting looks great.
Hurray you get to have Bonnie come visit you!

Samantha said...

That star quilt is fantastic-- the color choices on the stars are perfect!

Darcie said...

This little quilt is just to die for, Lucy! And your little display reminds me of something right out of a decorating book or magazine...so nostalgic.