Wednesday, January 04, 2006

NEW !!






A few days ago I borrowed the book Liberated string quilts from Gwen Marston. I love this book! Because I finished my String Star , I thought it would be nice to make a new block for a new project ( Yes a new UFO ,lol) . I fell in LOVE to these tulipquilt. I made the pattern smaller. Grab my small left over basket and start to sew . ( Why do I always make a mess when I am sewing...... )


I have done the applique by hand. As you can see I din't pin it with many pins ... So the block is more "Maverick"as I wanted *LOL*
I am not satisfied with the the stem . The thicker part under the "tulip"is to tall...

I love to have a applique project again. Oh my .. I have missed that. It is so relax , sitting on the couch and do the stitches :c) Even if I don't know if I reproduce this quilt or make a other quilt of the block

Lucy

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

It is a wonderful wonky tulip! And it uses all your favorite saved bits of scraps.....it's beautiful!

Bonnie

Carolyn said...

Your tulip is precious! And you're right, it's so relaxing, sitting and doing applique. It's my favorite type of quilting, but one that I don't do enough of!

Tonya R said...

It's fabulous - I LOVE that the stem is bending some. Can't wait to see more.
Yes, I love this book too.

Dawn said...

Oh your tulip is fabulous! It would make an adorable mini-quilt all by itself! In fact I love your strings better than Gwen's picture! Yours are much more maverick! I think a whole quilt would be beautiful like this though!

Patty said...

I love it. Such a pretty tulip. You do such beautiful work and your choice of colors are perfect always.

Finn said...

Very lovely, and very maverick Lucy..have fun with making more!

Sandra said...

I like yours much better than the book! I'd love to see a whole quilt full of a field of wonky tulips like these :-) Your applique is very neat too.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Lucy, they are very cute. Don't get hung up on the stem - I think real tulips have a wider stem on top to support the weight of the bloom. Unfortunately, rabbits always eat my tulips as soon as they come up, so I couldn't tell you exactly!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Holly said...

I love your tulips, Lucy. I, too, like applique and find it relaxing. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with these blocks.