Thursday, March 23, 2006

Dad


I got from a few of you the question how it is with my Dad. Well his recovery is very slow. Physical he is oké. But he is feeling himself very down. You know there is no go in him . He is sitting in his chair and don't like to talk . Watch only some tv and then went to bed for a sleep. He need to get faith in his body again. And I believe that is the hard part. It was the third time that the cancer was back . He need to wait for the next scan and then we know if the surgery indeed took the cancer away . He is worried about that . He still have a catheter straight through his back to the kidney.( he have now one kidney left ) In the kidney is still a stone. In may we hear when the surgery is from removing the stone. Well I am hoping for the spring I think that the sun and warmth can get my father out of his chair. I know he loves the sun and enjoy it in the garden.

This picture is taken when we were dancing at a party. I think about 3 years ago . I love this picture we both are so happy.

lucy

13 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh what a wonderful picture of you and your dad - your right - it is a great picture because you both are so happy.

I"m going to keep your dad in my thoughts - it makes me think so much of my mom with no go.

Tracey said...

I'll continue to pray for your dad, Lucy. I'm sure this all has been so hard on him, being the third time around. Yes, I think sunshine would do WONDERS.

(((HUGS)))

Finn said...

So glad for the update on your father. It is so difficult to see someone you love in distress. I'll keep him in my prayers, and pray that the spring sunshine will call to him to return to the garden. Hugs, finn

dot said...

A very nice picture of you and your father. You certainly take after him in your looks. What a sweet memory.

Darcie said...

What a wonderful picture of you with your Dad, Lucy. He's a very handsome man. And you're lovely! What fun you must have been having...it shows!

You know...if the sun is not shining yet...perhaps it would lift his spirits if you would take some photo albums in and share some memories. Just a thought.

cher said...

thanks for letting us know about your dad...I know what you mean, gray weather adds to the down feeling...so much..hope the sun comes out soon!

Patty said...

Lucy what a great picture. Your dad is a very handsom man. Perhaps spring time will cheer him up with the flowers and the sun.
You both look so happy in the picture I am glad you shared it.
Keeping all of your family in my prayers

Petey said...

Lucy,
Very special picture...may God grant you many more close times with your dad.
Sending prayers for healing. Linda F.

Nines said...

Your dad has been through so much. It'd be enough to get anyone down!! I think Darcie had a great idea about getting the photo albums out. Love your latest quilts. I have never handquilted, but I guess now that you have inspired me to make that Grandmother's Flower Garden by hand, I'll have to quilt it by hand, eh? Your quilting looks so beautiful on the purple quilt- all those little diamonds.

Bonnie said...

I love this picture of you and your Dad..I remember this one! I know the long cold and dreary winter you have had isn't helping matters...so much snow and ice and rain and grey cold skies. I hope the sunshine comes soon....so he can spend time out in the spring with the garden and the flowers. I'm keeping you both in my prayers always!

Bonnie

Holly said...

I love seeing this picture - you both look so happy and your dad looks so young still! You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Isobel said...

Lucy, Hang in there. Waiting is sometimes the hardest part. My husband recently had surgery to remove the second colon cancer (First one was 8 years ago.) We finally see the oncologist next week to see where we go. I will keep your father in my prayers and think good thoughts for him.

Aelder said...

You look so happy together! My thoughts and prayers are with your father and his health & wellness. May he be dancing energetically again soon!