Monday, March 13, 2006

Gee's Bend



This weekend we were with the shop at a quilshow in Rijswijk. When I walked to the toilet I came through a bookstand . And there it was........ I saw a very big huge book. I take a look and it was saying to me : buy me,buy me. :c) . I am so happy with it. The quilts are made by Afro Americans . The woman tell their story's and most are with a lot of wisdom.

I will share with you one story which is very impressive to me.
I hope when you enlarge the picture two times you can read it .

Lucy

10 comments:

Alena said...

What an interesting book, Lucy. I am happy for you to make such a great buy! Thank you for sharing a story, it is impressive. Take care.

Sandra said...

I love that story - looks like she her "style" and it made her very happy :-)

Sandra said...

that should be, looks like she found and developed her own "style".

Sarah said...

Lucy -

This is the quilt show that came to our local art museum last fall. It was so cool to see these innovative, original quilts in person!

Sarah

thefrogpryncess said...

that looks like an interesting book!

Patty said...

Looks like a wonderful book to have. I am sure the stories are very interesting. Some books just call to us !

Tonya R said...

You're lucky - you got the extra thick book on the Gee's Bend quilters. I just have the smaller one (tho it's still huge). I love their quilts too.

Darcie said...

What a treasure, Lucy!!! Lucky you!

I love the quote from the mother-in-law. Something like..."Take what you know and make what you want to." A very wise and independent woman!

Dawn said...

Boy those quilts sure look like liberated Gwen quilts don't they!

Holly said...

I love your new background, Lucy!