Friday, May 12, 2006

Oké one quirk !

Dawn tagged me weeks ago for my quirks .

Oké I think I have a lot of quirks. But sharing one of them must be enough, otherwise.....

I am afraid of a mouse !! Not a bit , no I am terrified of them. This winter we lay in bed,I thought I saw something. What was that .. I didn't see it right. But then.... YES there he was: a MOUSE ! In our bedroom. (We live in a very old house which is build in a row with a lot of house together. And I think he came through some old gaps .) I was immidiately awake. Told my husband to get rid of him!!! Well we have a old whip under our bed.. That was from my earlier years horsdriving , I thought I feel saver with that under my bed for a moment that a burglar come in my house , but never thought that the burglar was a mouse!!!! So René ( my DH) grap the whip and chase after the mouse. And I was standing on our bed to tell my DH where the mouse was running to.. When the time was going on, all the stuff from the floor came on our bed. A pile of laundry , magazines , books, a old oilburner, night tables. etc. tec. Oh men.... I never thought that we have so many stuff on our floor. And René was on his knees in his underpants with the whip chasing the mouse . And I was screaming :there he is !! there!! and I was standing in the middle of our bed between all the mess.. ..... I want that mouse out of my house , afraid that one mouse can breed out in a dozen of mice... But I have a very good DH!! He was able to catch him....in the middle of the night !

So next morning my DH was telling to all my kids that Mammy is so afraid of a little mouse. Nobody knew I was ... And the answer of Pim ( My oldest) was : Ohhhh that were you doing.. I hear all the noise in the middle of the night and wondered: What are they doing??? But I didn't dare to come and ask .........................

Lucy

ps.. and my Dh is feeling himself so guilty that he killed a sweet little tiny mouse .

16 comments:

Maya Madhavan said...

Hi!! I just wandered over to your blog via Bonnie's.
This is such a hilarious story - it made my afternoon! :) I can totally understand the situation where you are standing on the bed and pointing out the mouse's current location. I've been in exactly the same situation - just that it was when I was staying with my parents and I had my Mom by my side on the table (!) and we were yelling to my Dad who was out to get the mouse. I loved what your oldest said too - really hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

Alena said...

oh, lucy, this is great... I cannot stop laughing, I was just trying to imagine Patrick in the same situation, I am afraid that I would have to chase the mouse myself :o), I am not really afraid of them, but I could not stand the idea of mouse running around the room - Patrick is so clumsy that he would probably kill himself with the whip :o)))
oh, my, pim is really discreet...
I love the picture, I think it shows it all, thanks for making me laugh...

Dawn said...

Lucy! I"m dying of laughter here! Your quirk is the best I've read anywhere! This story is so funny! But I have to admit, I hate it when I see a mouse also. Thank goodness we don't see too many, although I know they are around because our house is surrounded by fields! The worst is in the winter when I can hear them scratching around in the walls - ughhh, I can't sleep at all then!

And thank goodness Rene had underwear on! He would really have looked funny if he had "less" on!!! :) And what a cute comment Pim made! Don't you wonder what they were really thinking!

ForestJane said...

The little mouse at the top is cute, but what I want to see is your husband, crawling around your bedroom in his undies, with a whip... :)

Thanks for my laugh for today!

Ann said...

Lucy, I can totally see where you are coming from. I am the same way when it comes to mice. Yours was a great story! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Bonnie said...

I love this story....I'm so glad you posted it! The idea of Rene in his undies with a whip...and Pim wondering what was going on..is PRICELESS! *hehehehee*

bonnie

Darcie said...

Oh Lucy!!! How funny...I can just imagine!

(We'd be doing the same...only in our house, my dear husband is the fraidy cat!)

Tina said...

Hi Lucy,
I can see you on the mattress telling your sweet hubby where the mouse was running. Now the question is did he get the mouse with the horse whip or his bare hands...I'm not very fond of mice either. Lot's of Hugs (((()))Tina

Patty said...

I had to laugh (sorry) just visualizing Rene after the mouse with a whip ! I am afraid of mice too and have screamed many times when I have seen one.

Tonya R said...

What a sweetie your husband is. Mine would have just gone back to sleep. You need to get a cat!

Thank you for the marvelous story.

cher said...

what a laugh out loud funny story-you told it so well, I could imagine being there and seeing it myself...and yes, what a caring husband to capture and kill that mouse in the middle of the night for you.

Laurie Ann said...

Ha ha, very funny story!! Mice in the house are not nice. Good for your hubby!!

Laura said...

What a hilarious story! I am quite fearful of mice myself. But my husband would just rollover and tell me to go to sleep! What a priceless story.

YankeeQuilter said...

One of my DH and I's first argument was over a mouse...my cat had caught one an brought it in the house as a present. He wanted to get it away from the cat to save the little rodent's life!!

thanks for sharing your story!!

Siobhan

Sandra said...

Oh Lucy, I'm still laughing! What a wonderful story LOL LOL LOL. The way you tell it, I can visualise it in my head - SOOOO funny! One time many years ago, we lived in an old house too, and there was a mouse IN OUR BED! I rolled over onto it - yuk yuk yuk. LOL LOL.

JudyL said...

Oh, Lucy! That is so funny. I'm not laughing at YOU but just laughing at the story. I had to read it all to my DH and I could hardly stop laughing enough to read it to him. I am afraid of mice too!

Judy L.