Monday, June 12, 2006

Dad


This is a project what I am taking up again.The one who read my blog longer know that I take this project with me to hospital when my dad is there. He is in hospital again since friday. He have had a kidney infection and he didn't recover very good.. His blood is not what it use to be . The kalium is to high... and now they found out that his kidney ( he have only one ) function for 15% ! That is not much. The doctor is talking about chemotherapy. I hope we will hear this week more. I only know that he is not good . My heart hurts to see him like this. And my mind is confused. Were do I need to pray for? Sometimes I don't know, I see him suffer. Do I need to pray for his total recovery ( is there a way back?) .. or do I need to pray for that he may live for a few years.... or do I need to pray for (if he can't recover) that it all will be soon over .....that he don't have to suffer for a long time...
It is all so hard.

I will be there for him. And will sit next to him and sew some hexagons ........ and wait what the time will bring

Lucy

10 comments:

Gail said...

I've sat next to my dad and wondered the same things, Lucy. My thoughts and prayers go with you, it is a difficult and hurting time.

Deb Geyer said...

Pray for God's will? He knows best.

Carolyn said...

Pray for the best outcome and have faith in God's plan. I will pray for you and your father also.

Carolyn

Tracey said...

Oh (((LUCY)). I've been thinking about you and your dad the past couple weeks and always forget to ask you how he is doing. I will continue the prayers...and just leave it up to God on what needs done. He knows...we just need to ask Him for His will to be done.

Simonetta said...

I will pray for it, Lucy!!!
(((((((( HUGS)))))))))

the quilters said...

I'm thinking about you and your father in these difficult days. Take care laurence

Bonnie said...

Hi Lucy....my heart goes out to you and your father through this hard time! The hardest thing is waiting! As for what to pray for, comfort for him as he goes through this, strength for you, so you can stand by him while he goes through this, peace for you both. Wisdom and knowledge for the doctors that they will know best how to treat him, that their hands may be guided to what needs to be done. My heart is praying for all of the above for you.

I loved seeing the pics on the boat...it looks so nice and warm and the girls are so cute being pulled behind!

Bonnie

La Tea Dah said...

Pray for God's will, Lucy. I know how difficult this is for you and my heart goes out to you. My mother had cancer and passed away about a year and a half ago. God blessed her with a happy and good life --- just days before she died she was pruning her garden sweet peas and watering her flowers. They brought her much joy.

I will pray for your dad and for you. May it be God's will that He be healed and restored to health, but if not, enjoy all the precious moments that you have now. . .and savor them.

LaDonna

Hanne said...

Sending you and your dad a hug - Hang in there !

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Hugs to you Lucy. There are no easy answers with cancer. My aunt is a survivor, my Nana, Grampa and Mom are not. When my Mom was sick, quilting and family helped me through many days.

With loving thoughts...

Evelyn