Thursday, June 01, 2006

progress


I will show you my progress on my Barabara Bucher Snyder quilt . I love to make it. So now and then I will sew a block. Normally I don't want to reproduce exact a quilt. I want to use my own colors. But I think this quilt is so beautiful that I feel it like a honor to make it almost the same as the original. It was fun to search for the fabric I like. Kathie, who is planning this quilt too, is a great help for me. And Bonnie gave me so many pieces of her black and yellow fabrics , thank you Bonnie :-) I made the blocks this time on foundation. Normally I don't like to sew on paper . But it is great to do with all the little pieces. I got years ago this pattern with a cd. So easy , I can print it out on foundationpaper !




Behind my sewing machine you can see this little old tin..


when it is open you see....................










THIS !!! ......my lead end enders for a small quilt.. It is a treat hè!




And what to do with a little part of a block in the wrong colors.....

I made a little pincushion from it. Filled with wool from a sheep. It helps the needle slide trough the fabrics from my Purple star


Lucy

15 comments:

Alena said...

Lucy! Do you want to kill me? what are all these extra small, so perfect gorgeous looking projects?, I will explode with jealousy :o)...
I am struggling here with such a primitive huge easy thing and you are playing with this - shame on you!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Inga Helene said...

Lovely work as always, and those tiny ones are adorable.

Inga

Beth said...

It is absolutely gorgeous! I love the bubblegum pink material, I'm going to get some one day myself. And the sweet little box of leftovers! How cute! Like the pincushion too!

Patty said...

Lucy, your new quilt is going to be so pretty. I am amazed at what you do with such tiny pieces of fabric. I cannot imagine working with those small pieces. You are so talented and patient.

JudyL said...

Lucy: Love your quilt. Those colors go so well together. Your little tin is so cute with the leaders and enders project. And . . who'd have thought of making the little pin cushion from the renegade block! You're so smart!

Judy L.

La Tea Dah said...

I love the quilt! It's like a quilt within a quilt. It reminds me of those pictures where you see something in a mirror that keeps repeating itself. Although the quilt blocks don't repeat, they are mini-quilts within a larger one. Very nice!!!!!

the quilters said...

This quilt will be a beauty ! Can't wait to see your next progress !
laurence

Joyce Livingston--a true romantic at heart! said...

Hi, Lucy...I see you are a quilter. You might want to check out my blog: www.joycelivingston.blogspot.com Yesterday, I began posting a quilt block a day, and will be posting them daily for the next several weeks. Also, you might pass this word on to others. Up until I began to be published in inspirational romance fiction, I traveled the country lecturing and teaching on quilting, and I've had numerous articles in quilting and craft magazines. By the way, I love your pic of your quilt. PRETTY!

Joyce Livingston, author
My lastest book, THE WIDOWS' CLUB, a women's fiction novel is on stores now.
www.joycelivingston.com

Laura said...

What a sweet little pincushion!

Dawn said...

Oh Lucy - the pincushion is wonderful and I LOVE your leaders and enders blocks! You Barabara Sucher Snyder quilt is looking beautiful!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tina said...

Ah Lucy the quilt is going to be beautiful I can't wait to see the finished quilt,the colors are right up my alley. I love the pincushion...Hugs Tina

Tonya R said...

I love that tin of tiny treats. wonderful to have some fabric from Bonnie so that you can think of your visit together whenever you quilt.

Bonnie said...

I love seeing your things and remember how it was to sit at your table and drink tea, and look out the window, wave at the neighbors, see kids riding by on their bikes, even watch the hail and rain coming down, so cozy inside!

Bonnie

Hanne said...

Your blocks looks lovely. I am looking forward to see your progress :-)The quilt looks like it is in close family with the NI quilt