Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Feathered Star 2

Because I like the feathered star so much, I decided to make the one I have in my mind. Smaller and with in the center the lemoyne star!!! I chose some beautiful fabrics. And thereI went: drawing, cutting, sewing and ta dahhhhh !!!!!!! finally the result :

I made a BRA !!!!!!!!




Oeps, that was not what I want..... so I tried to press it.. you never know ;-)


But the "bra"is only turning inside out !


I think I want to much.. Normally I would made this block by hand . But I am doing more and more by machine. This block is about 4.5 inch . So I thought maybe I need to make it a bit bigger . The pieces are so small !

Drawing again ..........




cutting ,sewing and ..... ta daaaaahhh .. I am satisfied ! This is going to be the center of my new feathered start block . (Finished size of this block is 5.5 inch )


to be continued....

Lucy

9 comments:

quiltpixie said...

had a laugh over your not so flat block, I recognize it all too well. glad you were able to get one to work though...

Finn said...

So now you are an official member of the failed block club Lucy..*S*
The second attempt looks wonderful..and the 5.5" size isn't that far off what you had thought you would use. 6.5 migh have been...good thinking!

Sassenach said...

A quilted bra, hmmmm....I can see your designs on the runways of Paris now!

I am really enjoying your fabric combinations.

ForestJane said...

Are you going to make a second one for the other side, then use bias tubing for the bra straps? *giggles*

Thanks for showing that though - it's SO nice to see that I'm not the only one that does that!

Bonnie said...

This was SO funy, but I love the result of the finished block, and also seeing your drawings! You are becoming a machine piecing maniac! :c)

Bonnie

Judy said...

Too funny! The new block looks great! I wouldn't begin to know how to draft a lemoyne star block!

Great job!

Tonya R said...

Your hard work and practise paid off - beautiful block. Beautiful colors.

Darcie said...

Perseverance pays, Lucy! Terrific looking block!

McIrish Annie said...

Lucy, I took a class with Marsha McCloskey about 2 years ago and we were making that same block. When I saw your BRA BLOCK, I had to laugh because i made the same bra only with 1930's reproduction fabric!!! it looked just like yours. I took it up to Marsha, who is a most patient and lovely lady, and she promptly told me she loved my fabric selection but my piecing needed some work!!