Sunday, August 27, 2006

We are Home !

Yesterdaymorning we arrived home. ( there is no place like home :-)

Smokey Mountains is a beautiful wood. The cabin we stayed was gorgeous. From the deck we have a mountain vieuw. In the evening we hear the bugs. A special noise. We saw bears .....
Actually my husband saved the children from a bear. That was our first experience 3 hours after arriving in the cabin . The children were playing hide and seek. I was reading the logbook from guest from the cabin. And I red that bears came upon the deck etc.etc. Isis came in and I told her to call the others because of the bear..... at that moment I heard Pim shouting: a bear... mom a bear ... and Purdey screaming ! The kids gave together a hand and walk slowly backwards untill they didn't saw him anymore and then run..... The bear was between the cabin and them so they were not able to come to us.. after that the bear walked away from the car René jumped into it to pick up the childeren and bring them back. A scarry experience for them.. But also a tough story to tell to their friends.
After that we saw the bear every evening. And once in the woods also a mom with two cubs... I don't have to tell you that the littles bought in the visitorcenter a"cuddlebear". They loved to see the bears from a save distance:-) .

We saw in the Smokey natural park cabins from 100 years ago. Can you imagine how woman live there. Now I know that the book A people and their quilts is from this area. I have the book and will read it with a totally new vieuw .

I think you all read the camera story at Bonnie's blog.. When I have the camera here I share with you my pictures. I made in the smokey's with my other camera pictures . But that is with normal films. Tomorrow I bring them to the store.

I can tell you so much about our trip but I need to unpack my last suitcases and bring my house back as normal.

Talk to you later with more story's .........

Lucy

16 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, Lucy, the Smokies is one of my favorite places in the world and I loved reading your description and most especially about the BEARS :-). The history of the Appalachians and the Smoky Mountains is so wonderful. We'll all be looking forward to pictures and more.

ForestJane said...

Glad you made it home safely! Now you'll have to make some quilted teddy bears for everyone... :)

Can't wait to see the pictures and hear more stories! Are they all as exciting as the bear one?

quiltpixie said...

glad you're all home safe and sound with wonderful memories and stories to tell :-)

May Britt said...

Welcom home. I look forward to see and hear more about your journey.

Sassenach said...

Welcome home -- you really had a close call with those bears. They're not so cute up close.

I'm looking forward to reading some more of your stories.

McIrish Annie said...

glad you enjoyed your visit.. sounds like you got to see a good slice of america.. can't wait to see your pictures

Sweet P said...

Sounds like you had quite the trip! I've never seen a bear close up even though I've camped a lot in my life.

Judy said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Hanne said...

Welcome home Lucy :-)
Nice to see you again. I am looking forward to hear and see more from your trip.

Beth said...

Welcome back Lucy! I enjoyed reading about your vacation adventures. And I know what you mean about there's no place like home.

Beth

Dawn said...

Welcome back! That was a scarey story, but will be fun now for the kids to tell their friends!

Nadine said...

Hi, Lucy !
I'm glad you're safe at home and I guess you have a big stock of nice souvenirs... You're right, anyway : there is no place like home !
Now : on to new quilting projects !
(please, tell !)
Kind regards,
NADINE.

Darcie said...

Oh my Lucy! What an adventure with the bears! Your children will remember that forever!

Can't wait to see your pictures. Hope your camera gets back safely.

Rest up!

Tina said...

Welcome home Lucy, it looks and sounds like you all had a wonderful time here in the states...We do have a beautiful country if I do say so myself..Hugs Tina

Rae said...

Lucy
I am glad to hear you are back home, safe and sound. Travaling sure is a good break when you have been worring about elders, isn't it. It is good to hear that you had such a good time in our country and the people were as welcomeing as you experianced. I loved your story about the bear. I am looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your trip. Maybe next time you can make it to the west coast. It is different eveny from what you did see.

We also just got back from a little vacation. Check my blog for the next little while and you will see some pictures of California's areas.

How is your father doing?

Rae.

Carrie J said...

Glad you enjoyed the Smokies. I live about 40 miles from there. We love it here. Close call with the bear. They have attacked a few people here in the last 6 months or so. We don't often see them but they have come around more often this year.