Friday, October 20, 2006

Last part of our vacation

It is already a "long"time ago that we went on our vacation. I will share with you my last pictures from the Smoky's. Just a few pictures I love so much.
A old car in Smoky National park. It must be there already for years....









A beautiful creek.. OOh I miss it . I miss the smell, the sound ....




















Our kids in front of a another old car. This car was at the Art crafts route. A fun route with shops from the local people selling their arts.

















This is my treasure. A stringquilt from the 40 th... With definitely older fabrics in it. I bought it in a antique mall. It has something what called to me: 'take me home!!'













I LOVE this picture. It is from a lady in the museum on a farm. She told the visitors how it was to live in this rural area 100 years ago!

























Yes was the last part of our trip. NEW YORK. The oldest kids loved it. It was fun to see..... What a city.

After this we flew home. We often think about our trip. Yes, it was top!!!

Lucy

19 comments:

Gail said...

I am so glad that your family enjoyed your visit to our country. I hope you will be back again.

Beth said...

More nice pictures from Lucy! I can smell the forest smell if I use my imagination, I love that smell too. Next time you travel, you should come to California and meet up with some of us West Coast bloggers!

Beth

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

It's a lovely quilt - something to treasure.

Tazzie said...

Gosh you sure did have the very best time! How wonderful to have such fabulous memories of your family vacation.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Sue said...

It's been a while since I've been to the Smokey Mts., but those pictures sure brought back the memories! I love your string quilt, that's really something special.

Sharon said...

Oh, how I love your antique quilt find! Thanks for sharing the Smokey Mtn pictures too. Ive never been there, and now I know I want to go!

YankeeQuilter said...

Lucy looks like you had a great vacation. Glad to see you got a quilt trophy to take home!
Siobhan

dot said...

I certainly have enjoyed seeing America through your eyes. Thank-you.

Tonya R said...

Wonderful string quilt and what peaceful pics of the Smokeys.

Bea said...

Thank you for lots of beautiful moments. It was a great trip.

Patty said...

Beautiful photos Lucy, makes me want to head off to the Smokys for a trip. Steven and Priscilla will be there for their honeymoon next week.

The Calico Cat said...

Lovely photos! Especially the first one of the old rusty car!

Lois R. said...

Wow, is that quilt gorgeous! Indeed a fine trophy! And I love how you displayed it over the railing. It looks so charming.

Dawn said...

Oh that quilt says take me home too! What a wonderful treasure! I love that picture of the creek - it looks so calm and beautiful!

La Tea Dah said...

Lucy, I have loved reading about your American holiday --- each post has been terrific! I've never been to the Smokey's, but sure would love to visit them! My dad and his wife are going there in November. I wish I could go to!!!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Shelina said...

This looks like a fun trip. Thank you for the photo tour. So nice that you have a nice quilt souvenir of your trip.

pamina (laurence) said...

It was a pleasure to follow you in your american travel...abd your old quilt is absolutely beautiful !

Rae said...

I am glad that your Dad is feeling better again. I love the quilt that you are working on.

As I have not gotten time to comment to you for a while I have a lot to say.

Your mini quilts are so cute. They deserve a special place to hang.

I have come across some of my Grandmothers quilts and quilt tops. Some of them are from the 1930's and 1940's. I have also found some of her blocks and fabric. I will be sharing them on my blog from time to time. If you wish I will try to let you know when I do.

I LOVE your tulip quilt.

Rae

ANA said...

How beautiful looks your familly Lucy
Congragts
Hugs
Ana