Monday, October 30, 2006

A new UFO :-)

Last week I am treated by Dawn with two new Books !! One book is full with antique quilts displayed in gorgeous rooms . The other book is full with inspiring words from Gwen Marston and Freddy Morgan . Droling the whole week over the beautiful quilts made me that I want to start with a new one. But that also means that a other quilt is added to my pile of UFOs. ...... mmm. It is not a good feeling to sew with a "pile of UFOs on my back"
Gwen's inspirationwords give me a light ......


So I wake up on saturday with the idea to make a quilt from my Ufos and grab my pile and pin some randomly on a sheet !

Do I like it??? My husband thought is is a mess. Lesson number one from Freddy Morgan
So I decided to sew first all the "quilts" together.

I started with my New York Beauty. It was a project from last year ago on a retrait. Over two weeks we have the retrait again. And I will see all the finished beauties. Wouldn't it be great that I can show a finished quilt with the beauties in it ??

Next part I sewed together was my other Ufo If you look good at the picture you can see that I got some company with music :-)

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Lucy! What started out as a random mess is truly beautiful and a work of art now. And can you believe - when I looked at it this morning I said - WOW I want to make a quilt just like that!

My favoites are your NY beauty blocks and the ones on the top middle. Well ok and the flying geese ones! :)

I LOVE this quilt. Oh and the border fabric is to die for!

Carolyn said...

What a beautiful quilt! Congratulations on a great idea!

quiltpixie said...

MUCH better than creating another UFO for the pile!!

Cynthia said...

what a great way to use up some of your UFOs and make it into one quilt. Well done.

Susan said...

Looks like fun! I like the way it looks hanging on he wall here.

sunshine said...

lovely quilt nice use of ufo's.
Nice blog too noticed it about two days ago
sunshine
http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com

disa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.