Tuesday, November 28, 2006

oldie

Because I have a busy time with my dad , a few birthdays , Sinterklaas etc.etc. I do not have a lot of time to sew right now. So I will show you an oldie. It is my second quilt. I made it for my daughter Purdey . I was inspired by a cheque advertisement in a quilt magazine .. It was a very small picture of just the lemoyestar but enough for me to make this quilt.

Lucy

pieced by hand, quilted by hand, I even did the binding by hand :-)





update:

As you all know I can brag.... This evening I took Purdey to bed. And I looked at the lable on her quilt. Hmmmmm I read that I finished it in 2002 . That means that I started this quilt as my second quilt.. But I didn't finished it as my second :-) .... Because I started quilting in 1996. And I don't think that I finished two quilts in 6 years !!!!
I think I have to refresh my memory.*LOL *
Lucy

22 comments:

pamina (laurence) said...

You were new in quilting, but your quilt was already beautiful, like all the others you are making !

Hedgehog said...

Your pieced borders are beautiful! (The whole thing is, actually!)

Nadine said...

Only one word, Lucy : GORGEOUS !

(You're in my thoughts for your dad)

Hugs & smiles,
NADINE

the quilters said...

So lovely !!!!!!!!

Karen said...

Oh, Lucy, it's so pretty, it looks like a bona fide antique; I don't know how you do it!!

May Britt said...

Love it. And it is so great with the log cabin border around it.
Your scrappy quilts are so nice.

Gail said...

Love the quilt- quite wonderful, scrappy and old-timey looking. How I would love to snuggle up under it.

The Calico Cat said...

WOW - all I can say is wow - your second quilt - WOW!

Darlene - Dazed Quilter said...

Oh my goodness - that's your second quilt!?!?!?!?!? It's beautiful.

dot said...

This quilt is wonderful. Purdey is a very lucky girl to have this quilt. Your work is beautiful.

Dawn said...

Gosh Lucy - can I be your daughter!!! Your quilts are absolutely the best. This is so beautiful!

Tonya R said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love the combination of stars, geese and log cabins. Marvelous.

Lois R. said...

Just beautiful!!!

I love the log cabins as a border. I must try that.

cher said...

you are truly gifted in your quilt making-this one is such a beautiful quilt-lucky daughter!

McIrish Annie said...

Can't say that my second quilt looked like that!! You are really talented. It is a beauty. Lemoyne stars for a beginner is tough!

Holly said...

That's really pretty... I know the checks you are talking about. I used to order them out of probably the same quilting magazine.

Sandra said...

This quilt is amazing! This will be a true heirloom - even the binding by hand - I'm gobsmacked! Truly beautiful and the logcabin border is so unusual. there are so many different fabrics in it. Purdy is lucky to have such a talented mum :-)

Nancy said...

Stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and all by hand.
Nancy

Hanne said...

Lovely quilt Lucy :-)
You and your family are in my thoughts !

Tazzie said...

Your quilt is just beautiful, your daughter must treasure this precious gift.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Shelina said...

This is a beautiful quilt, and it looks quite intricate, so it makes sense that it took six years to finish! I'm sure you had to make a few in between to keep your momentum up!

*I*Will*Rejoice!* said...

Great quilt! Nothing like my 2nd quilt!