Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Spring, laundry and an often used quilt



I love the first warm sun after the cold of winter. I love the moment of hanging my laundry outside for the first time again. It is the smell of fresh laundry dried by the air that gives me that feeling of springtime ...

My most terribly quilted quilt
is hanging in my washing line. It is one of the most used quilts in this house. I can already see some wear and tear :-).

We are going to take it with us to our boat, where the quilt will be used from early spring till the end of September. When autumn comes the quilt will return home.



If you take a good look at the picture you can see our dog Joseph. He is enjoying spring too. He keep rolling over in the grass... Yes I do love this time of the year ......

Lucy


8 comments:

atet said...

You may think the quilting is terrible, but the quilt itself is used, useful, and loved which is all that matters. How wonderful to have something you made be a part of your family's memories.

Bea said...

With this quilt you´ll give your warmth to your boat - so that all family members will feel at home there. It´s a great story about.

Owens Family Adventures said...

Love the quilt!!!
dawn

Ms. Jan said...

Nothing like a well-used and loved quilt. Your pup looks happy for spring. =)

Heidi said...

I too made a bull's eye quilt a number of years ago. It is supposed to look old and tattered so no 'bad quilting' there. I just hung mine two weeks ago up at our cottage and just love it. I love seeing yours on the clothes line. It is very vintage and pretty!

mereth said...

I prefer the cosiness of well worn quilts and this one looks lovely and soft.
Don't you wish sometimes that you could roll on the grass too; when it's green and new it looks so inviting.But I suppose we'd better be dignified and act our age.....

Dawn said...

I"m going to make a bullseye quilt someday. Not sure when, but it is on the list!

Hanne said...

A good utility quilt is worth its weight in gold :-) That is how we transfer our love for quilts and quilting to our family.