Monday, May 28, 2007

USA 10

Ohh... I have so many pictures to show you of what I saw on my trip. I hope you are not bored! I took 344 pictures and it is hard to choose a selection, which is interesting to show you.

This was at Hancocks. The amount of fabrics was overwhelming. Look at the piles. This was only the sale.It was so much that I couldn't make a choice anymore. Take a good look at the picture and you will find Bonnie. She has an excellent eye for the best fabrics :-)






We had to take a picture with this fun board. I saw it before in a magazine and I can't believe that I now have a picture of my friend and I with the same board :-)





The Men on the show ;-) The black machine is a barbeque. We ate an awesome pulled pork BBQ sandwhich!


Downtown Paducah some bands were playing. And if it hadn't start raining we could have stayed and listen to the music.


The peak of my trip was to meet Dawn, Laura, and Linda.
We went to this Texas Take Out..(I forgot the name of the restaurant) To me this was so American. I enjoyed it very much!


I am so spoiled with these presents. The group made blocks for me, the name of the pattern is Old Tippecanoe.That is also the name of the guild. Dawn made a traveler case for me, Laura made an awesome mini Log Cabin quilt for me! And Linda knitted two adorable sweaters for the dolls of my daughters. Thank you so much girls! It was so fun to meet you! And I hope there will be a next time.


To be continued.....



Lucy

14 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Oh what fun! And is Bonnie so tired out she is resting? Photo reminds me that I HATE places like that - I always feel guilty for not buying EVERYTHING!

So glad you enjoyed your visit. BTW, your daughters are beautiful! I had to loook twice to see if those little ones were real or just dolls! The hand made items make them seem just like babies.

La Tea Dah said...

I am enjoying the pictures of your trip, Lucy. Keep posting them! Your daughters are lovely --- they look like their mom!

Waiting for more. . .
LaDonna

Leslie said...

Wow! You really got to see America. Pulled pork is pretty 'darn good eatin'. :D
I love that little log cabin quilt. Another gift? Quilters are so generous.

Connie said...

I've enjoyed your chapter-by-chapter reporting of your trip here to USA & Paducah. I do hope you come again for another visit!

Clare said...

I'm loving reading of your adventures across The Pond. Having never been to America, you are certainly whetting my appetite. If I had gone into a warehouse full of fabric like that I don't think I would have bought one piece. Too much choice and the brain goes into sleep mode.

S. said...

not bored here! i love seeing america through your eyes!! keep the pics and posts coming! :o)

Tracey said...

okay...^^ that was me. not sure what is up with blogger yet again, but didn't want to leave you wondering who "s" was. ;o)

tracey
www.theehandworks.typepad.com

Simonetta said...

Hi Lucy, I'm loving reading of your adventures :))) Thank you very much for your beautiful photos!

Dawn said...

I am enjoying your travelougue so much and I even know whats coming because I was there and talked to you! In case you want to remember the name of the restaurant is was called "Texas Roadhouse".

I enjoyed the band the day we were down there, they had people out square dancing to it!

And isn't the barb-b-que there wonderful! Ummmm pulled pork!

Laura said...

Oh Lucy your daughters are beautiful, they look just like mom!

Tazzie said...

Lucy, I love the back room at Hancocks, I never saw so much fabric in one place before! It sounds like you've had the very best time, I'm enjoying reading all about your adventures!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Tiril sol said...

Hei Lucy
What a incredible journey you have had. I love reading about your adventures. Thank you for sharing it with us.

~~Mikki Jo said...

Ohhh I'm just loving all your pictures. You sure had a wonderful time!!! I don't live too awfully far from Paducah, KY. I can't wait to see more pictures!

YankeeQuilter said...

It is fun to read your American Journey posts...they do make me a bit homesick though. (what I woudl give for a good pulled pork sandwich...the South Carolina kind with lots of vinager and black pepper...)