Monday, May 14, 2007

USA 5 : My Dear Husband ......

Thanks to my DH I was able to made this trip to the USA. He took a week off work and take care of our four children: three teenagers and an eight year old ( pig headed) daughter. One of our teenagers is mentally handicapped and is autistic.For her especially it is important that everything stays the same. And she doesn't feel comfortable with others.So it was the best solution for René to stay at home while I was away!
But that isn't the only thing he did for me...My DH sent me frequent text messages on my trip with: honey, buy whatever you want .... ( and do buy yourself a cowboyhat !) He knows me! I am always in doubt and thinking that I am spending too much money on myself...and most of the time I don't buy it and end up regretting that later.

So I wanted to spoil that guy.

My DH makes music in a band. He is a guitar player and singer.

Since the very first time I met him, I see him every day, yes everyday with a guitar in his hands !! So the best thing I could do was buy some guitar stuff for him in the country that builds his favourite guitars (Fender). Nashville is a music place with great guitar shops. As soon Bonnie and I woke up we headed to the guitar center. I bought two beautiful straps for him and one of them is actually made in Tennesee, how cool.I also took some pictures from the shop to show him where I bought them. Downtown Nashville we found another guitarshop with great T-shirts. I bought one for him and one for my son . He is a guitar player too :-)




You can watch and hear my DH here :-) The recording was taken two years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYf1vkVOEwA









And yes I bougth myself a summer hat in downtown Nashville ;-)






To be continued.......



Lucy

12 comments:

May Britt said...

You got a wonderful husband. And I love reading about your trip. Makes me also want to take a trip to usa some time.

Dawn said...

Oh what a fun jam session your DH was having! And I bet he loved the pics of the guitars! What a sweetie he is!

darlynn said...

Lucy,

Love reading about your trip to the US and seeing the wonderful pictures. Interesting to hear what you finding interesting (trucks) we find every day and at times, annoying but necessary.

Thanks,
darlynn

anne bebbington said...

What a darling husband you have - men like that are rare and precious

La Tea Dah said...

Ah-haaaa, Lucy. Was it a cowboy hat? So cool!

And what a special surprise for your husband! Very nice!

Jenny said...

It's so nice to see a happy couple. What a beautiful family.
Also love the picture on your hubby's guitar. How cool!

atet said...

Oh wow -- what a wonderful husband! And a great way to say "thanks". Isn't it great when they know us so well -- and love us all the better for it?

Tina said...

Hi Lucy, Your trip with Bonnie sounds wonderful. I am so happy that you and Bonnie have been able to see each other so often, it's hard when our best friend lives across the pond. I just wanted to check in and let you know I think of you often and even thou I haven't been writing in my blog much I hope to start being on more frequently...Hugs Tina

Hanne said...

What a lovely husband you have Lucy!
Nearly as good as mine :-)
Thanks for sharing your trip. I can see your happy smile all the way here.

Hanne said...

Me again :-) On a second thought - I think your husband and mine are two of a kind. Our DD1, 19, has special needs as well and needs a lot of attention.
The 2 of us, DH and I, are going over the big pond next spring. I am very much looking forward to a vacation with my best friend:-)
Your travel photos are so inspirational !

Tracey said...

what a guy you got there, lucy! i wish i could hear his playing (dial-up is too slow though)! did ya get the boots too?!? i mean, whatta deal...buy one pair, get two FREE!! :o)

Helen said...

Buy that man a medal! What a great guy!