Tuesday, May 15, 2007

USA 6

Ohh Nashville was a great place to visit. I hope that I am able to come back on a day with my DH ! btw.... he isn't always a sweetie ,sometimes I would love to dump him with the garbage ;-)


Oké we are the road again ..... Bonnie drove and I was looking for signs with - Antique- We found out it is the best place to relax after hours driving ;-)


This quilt was in a great condition ! Also with poison green. I love that color so much.



I was really tempted to buy this quilt. At the picture it is looking better as in reality . It was in a very used condition. And the price was very high for this quilt. I think it is a great quilt to reproduce! I love the solid sashings .





This is a desktop. I thought it was so beautiful and maybe a great inspiration for an applique quilt. Unfortunately I 'forgot 'to take a picture of the whole desk. We saw so much nice things.. I wish I could bring it all home with me.... But it doesn't fit in my suitcases :-/



And yeahhhh we passed the border with Kentucky !! At this point we were close to our cabin !



to be continued......

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh those 2 quilts are wonderful! I love the poison green one with the patches on point in the block like that! Man you found some awesome antique quilts!

atet said...

Love those quilts! As for the husband, um, yeah. Even the best of them have their moments when we would gladly give them back (but who would take them?). Ask me about the hubby who 10 minutes after I had finished cleaning the kitchen spilled coffee then left it there, no wiping up, no oops, just left it -- go on, ask me...*s*

YankeeQuilter said...

What a great roadtrip! Those quilts look wonderful. It is hard sometimes to pass them up but trust me they can be troublesome to store and move about. A photo on the other hand - priceless!

Karen said...

Oh, Lucy, you make me desperate for a road trip to see the antique malls in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Indiana. To look for quilts and primitives...my absolute favorite thing to do, but I haven't managed it for quite a long time.

Nana's Quilts said...

It certainly sounds like you had a wonderful trip. I have never been to Paducah, either.

Isn't the painted furniture in Hindeloopen similar to that desk top? I like them both.

Groeten.
Marne

Screen Door said...

I've had so much fun looking at your photos--- lots of memories in this trip...