Friday, May 18, 2007

USA 7

It was lovely to drive along the countryside. It was so green everywhere, and nice to see the barns. We even saw an Amish buggy riding over a bridge across the road. Before we realized that we saw a buggy it was to late for a picture
I forgot the name of this little place, but the road signs promised 6 antique shops.... And yes .... we went again ....off the highway into a nice little town famous for their HAM !
This quilt is so maverick. It is so fun that the lady (probabyly) used her orphan blocks


Thelma and Louise clothes shopping ;-)



Do you know that Bonnie is a pig rescuer!! Believe me in one of the six shops was a very, very scary basement. It smelled strange, it was dark, and dirty and very old..... and there between all the mess... we saw a 'bearpig'. It looks like a bear but it was a pig ... made in the 40s , with crooked eyes.It said: take me home , far away from this dark scray basement! Bonnie couldn't resist him ! Aks her for a picture :-)


Finally we arrived at Big Bear Resort ! We rent a cute little cabin for the two of us. Perfect to come home after a busy show ! Look who is sitting on the purchases we did in the antique shops !




View from our cabin .





to be continued ...... ( Finally about the show that was the goal from our trip ;-)

Lucy

8 comments:

Shelina said...

I am still loving your posts. I think I need to be browsing some quilt shops in my area, so I can get the proper antiquing experience.

gwen said...

It is so much fun to read more and more about your trip. You have a very nice way of telling the story and it is always a pleasure to look at the pictures. Keep on and take care.

Judy said...

I'm still loving seeing all the pictures!!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Wow, Thelma and Louise are having far too much fun on this road trip! Tracey

Tracey said...

I'm enjoying your posts about this trip! I love that quilt. I wish I knew what the heck those 4 blocks on the lower right side of the quilt are....those swirly ones that sort of look like deranged double wedding rings. They are very interesting and different, I've never seen blocks like those before!

La Tea Dah said...

It sounds like you and Bonnie had such a wonderful time. Did you buy the dress? It looks nice on you!

:) LaTeaDah

YankeeQuilter said...

Sometimes those scarey basements can have great stuff! Sounds like you had a wonderful time...can't wait for the next installment!

ForestJane said...

Wow, what a fun set of posts to read! I'm behind on my blogging, so got to read them all at once, and WOW, it sure seems like a wonderful trip. :)