Wednesday, June 06, 2007

USA 11

Everytime when I start writing about my trip, I think this is my last post. And then I see all the great pictures and remember all my great experiences. I would love to share it all with you. But I have to finish it. So this will be my last post about Paducah!

This quilt is the price winner of the show. Her proud husband is sitting next to it and he is listening to all the comments of the ladies (hmmm lucky he didn't hear mine ;-)








Look at this tiny little doll quilt. We saw it in a shop window. Lot of shops had quilts for display.
I can show you more beautiful pictures but as I said I need to finish it.





After a couple of beautiful days at Paducah it was time to go home.

Of course we planned our "pit stops" at antique malls ;-)






On the way to Paducah we saw a very interesting quilt. It was in a bad condition but it was awesome. So I had doubts about buying the quilt. We had to visit Paducah.(I can spend the money just once you know) But later I had regrets. So on the way home we stopped at the antique mall and it was still there waiting for me. It has so many fabrics to look at! It is awesome! And look it has only one poison green hourglass in it!



And here is Bonnie with her purchase. On her blog you can see it closer :-)



This is the last picture I share with you. I think you all have a good idea what I did on my trip. It was so wonderful. I had such a great time with Bonnie, and I hope I come back one day.







At home :


My purchases and gifts!!


And my beautiful country girl with her mammy's hat!!







ps.
a funny note:
After Bonnie dropped me at the airport I had to go through customs. The security and customs are always very strict!! ( not so friendly)

A man was loudly telling the rules. You know shoes off, belt off, no liquids etc.etc. I took off my boots, belt of and went through the gate. All the men looked at me. I was dressed in my jeans and nice shirt and my socks were a screaming color orange ....... everybody start laughing. "Lady" he said "those socks are killing "

25 comments:

Ms. Jan said...

LOLOLOL. If you made the security people laugh, you really must have had orange socks!

Great quilts, great pictures and really great acquisitions!

Darlene said...

I've enjoyed reading about your visit to Paducah and places on the way. Now, you see the quilt you purchased is more my style than the prizing quilt. Too much for me! :-)

Hanne said...

Thanks for sharing your trip in words and photos. I have enjoyed every post :-)
I like your antique quilt so much more than the winner quilt at the show ;-)

May Britt said...

I have enjoyd reading about your trip. Now we are looking forward to see what you will make of all the beautiful fabrics you bought "over there"

atet said...

Thanks so much for sharing your trip to Paducha with us! Those fabrics are lovely and the quilt you bought just seems so right. I have the feeling some of our comments about the winner of the quilt show would be the same ;0).

Patty said...

Looks like you had great fun ! I have enjoyed catching up on your blog and seeing all the pictures.
You need to share a picture of the ORANGE socks : )

anne bebbington said...

Lucy - what other colour socks would a dutch lady wear? How very patriotic! Thanks for sharing all your Paducah and Bonnie experiences with us it's been a real treat to see all your pictures

Lily said...

Lucy that was so much fun!

LOL at the orange socks too.

You have left us all in suspense - what were your comments about the prize-winning quilt? Something about the purple lace trim?

SO glad you enjoyed your trip and the spending!

Dawn said...

Oh Lucy - I just don't want your trip to end! I have had such fun remembering everything with you again and seeing the things I didn't get to see with you! the hourglass quilt is so cool. What I think is really fun is that so many fabrics in it I can see the reproduction version of the fabric in the stores! That is cool!

gwen said...

What a shame this is the last post on Paducah but you are going back there next year, aren´t you?!
Anyway, thanks a lot for sharing all the nice pictures and the stories. From the stash you bought, I can see that you will be very busy in the next future so now I am looking forward to seeing what you will do with the fabrics! Take care.

Tonya R said...

Wow, I am so happy you went back for that hourglass quilt. I can't see the damage in the pictures, but it certainly looks wonderful.

Laura said...

Lucy - I loved following along with you and your trip, lucky me being a part of it!!! I love the hour glass quilt, I am so happy for you that you were able to get it. Hope you have now been able to catch up at home.

Judy said...

See it waited for you to come back! Good purchase! It needed a good home. Great load of goodies from the show!!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Loved reading about your trip! That was some purchase pile, I will frequently call back to see what it all turns into!
The "new" antique quilt looks like it has found a lovely home, Tracey

Carol E. said...

I got a chuckle out of your comment, "only one poison green hourglass." And there it is, hanging proudly in your home. It looks great there! I'm so glad you bought it. Thanks for sharing all your stories of your fun Paducah adventures.

Mary said...

I love the scrappy hourglass quilt - so glad you went back for it!

Connie said...

Seeing Paducah and the other sites on the way to and from through your eyes was so fun. I enjoyed reading all of the posts and I do hope you come back and visit the states and the Paducah show again.

Sandra said...

I've thoroughly enjoyed your Paducah adventure. The antique quilts were wonderful to see - we don't see them much over here :-)

La Tea Dah said...

I really loved ALL of your posts about your trip to the USA and will miss them. I'm looking forward to lots more posts, though, on what's going on in your life now. I hope all is well. . .

And yes, I can picture you in orange socks!

Love,
LaTeaDah

Clare said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of your fantastic trip. The scrappy hour glass quilt is gorgeous. Is it just the photo or does it look as if it has been made by different people, hence the different fabrics (and the poison green one)?

Maria said...

I´ve just discovered your blog and I think is fantastic, It seems I´ve already been there, thanks for sharing with us.

Holly said...

lucy,

loving your blog

best,

H2

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Lucy:

Loved the story about the orange socks! Reminds me of some bright orange/purple/pink/red daisy fabric that I bought for the border of my 'menopause' quilt...when I left the store, the security alarm went off and the cashier just about lost it. She hollered, "Hey, the menopause fabric is having hot flashes" LOL Good thing your orange socks didn't set off the alarms :-). Thanks for posting about your trip. Looking forward to seeing what you make with that wonderful stash!

Jacqui in Canada (who is of Dutch descent and can appreciate the orange socks!)

Sue said...

I've really enjoyed hearing about your trip, thanks for all the pics! I really need to get to Pacucah someday...

Patti said...

Love the sock story LOL!

Your quilt purchase is wonderful! Of course you couldn't leave it behind!

Ok - I want to hear why you didn't like the best of show quilt. It is a masterpiece of workmanship. Not the type of quilt we love of course, but certainly deserving of an award. But then I didn't see it "up close and personal". I'm going to guess - way too much quilting so it's not for snuggling. Am I right?