Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Fabrics



A few days ago I posted a picture about the envelopes I received.... I guess you were all curious what was in there. Well here it is :-))))! What a lovely pile don't you think?

I send "thank you e-mails" to all the ladies who gave me their email address. Unfortunately there are a lot of ladies whose e-mail address I do not have, and some bounced back to me. So if you didn't receive a thank you e-mail, please accept this ~ THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!!!! ~ as meant for you personally :-))

I will make a quilt with these fabrics, a quilt which reminds me of this period in my life, and my friendships from all over the world. So I have the fabrics and.... now I have to search for an idea! Can you help me? I am open for your ideas :-)







Today I made a block for my Barbara Bucher quilt . It was fun to pick it up again. And the red fabric... is one of the fabrics I received. It is perfect for this block :-)



Lucy


ps... if someone is missing a blue fabric in this pile .... I am using it already in my feathered star :-)

13 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

How about a charm quilt...

Tracey said...

what a teaser you are! :oP as usual, beautiful!!

tracey
www.theehandworks.typepad.com

Beth said...

What a gorgeous assortment of fabric from all your friends who love you! I can't wait to see what you make from it.

mereth said...

How lovely to see all the expressions of love and sympathy in piles of fabric. This quilt will always be special to you on many levels.

My, you do have huge pegs over there......or is that a really small block?!

Dawn said...

Oh Lucy! Look at those fabrics! How wonderful they all are! And I love, love, love your Barbara Bucher block!

atet said...

What wonderful fabrics, and an absolutely fantastic block!

Anna Maria said...

Luci, I love your blog and beautiful quilt. Good summer!
Anna Maria from Milan - Italy

Bonnie said...

This picture tickles me so much!! And when I click on the pic, it gets really big so I can SEE each fabric! LOVELY!! I think I found mine in there too :c)

Bonnie who wants to come play!

Heidi said...

I have not visited your blog in far too long and was sorry to read that your father passed on. I went through the same thing many years ago and although I will always miss him, the pain does become easier to bear. You have many great online friends and these fabrics will make a beautiful quilt or two!

La Tea Dah said...

Hehe, I think I found my quilt quarter! LOL! What a wonderful pile of yardage you have --- and what a task it will be to try to figure out 'what' you are going to make. I can hardly wait!

Love the new block, by the way. I don't usually like black in quilts --- but I LOVE this block!

I hope you enjoy a happy and blessed day! May it be filled with much joy!

Luv,
LaTeaDah

Hanne said...

May the fabrics bring you many moments of joy!
Lovely block - the red looks very good there :-)

Sølvi said...

So many lovely colors - this will be a great memory quilt for you to make.

Jacqui's Quilts said...

What fun to see all the fabrics on the table! Wow, you got a lot...will be fun making a couple quilts with them. I couldn't remember which fabric I'd sent, but when I enlarged the picture I remembered the black and red Canada fabric! Fun to see it in the pile. Enjoy making the quilt.

Hugs from Canada,
Jacqui