Sunday, November 11, 2007

Gifts


Last week I received three gifts from lovely friends!! Yes I know I am being spoiled :-))

Bonnie is turning into a fantastic old quilt cutter rescuer. She shared one cutter with me: Isn't it a nice idea that one piece stayed in the US and one piece came to The Netherlands. I think the maker of the quilt never guessed that would happen to her quilt !! The quilt is tied and the fabrics are so nice.














The other gift is from Bonnie's friend Sally. Bonnie told me that she is a frequent reader of my blog. Sally gave me a feedsack!! Ohh what a thrill. Together they are so nice to display on my rack.













If this was not enough Karen send me a beautiful drawing she made of my daughter Isis. We will frame it and hang it in a nice spot, and when Isis is going to live on her own it will be a treasure to take with her.

Lucy


10 comments:

Bonnie said...

The old log cabin looks great hanging on your rack!! I sent you that part because it was the only one that had that piece of double pink in it..I knew it said "send me to lucy" :c)

julieQ said...

Don't you love those old fabrics in your log cabin? Just lovely. Beautiful drawing of your girl.

JulieQ

Dawn said...

Oh what a wonderful fun week you had for surprises! Isis is so beautiful!

Libby said...

The quilt and feed sack look like they were meant to spend their days together *s* What a lovely week of surprises in the mail.

El blog de Inma said...

Tu blog es precioso, si quieres pasar a ver los mios son:
http://laslaboresdeinma.blogspot.com/
http://inmaelblogdeinma.blogspot.com/
Besos
inmapatchwork

La Tea Dah said...

Such lovely surprises! You are one lucky gal! I love the log cabin especially. I think it's my very favorite of all quilt designs. I tend to favor old traditional things.

Today I found a treasure. Actually, I had it but had forgotten. It's a very old "Sunbonnet Sue" quilt that I received in my mother's things. I don't know where she got it. It's very delicate and worn --- today I washed it very gently by hand and it's hanging up to dry. I'll take a picture of it so you can see it. It's completely hand-done and hand quilted. So. . .I'm excited to have my first 'antique quilt'. How exciting!

Tell Isis that the picture of her is very pretty! It looks just like her!

Love,
LaTeaDah

Kristi in the Western Reserve said...

What a happy weekend for you all. I am another lover of log cabins and old fabric and think it is just your sort of quilt that Bonnie sent you. Isis is beautiful, but it is the happiness in her smile and eyes that is best of all. May good things continue to happen to you, Lucy.

Meredith said...

Isis looks so cute with her portrait. The gifted quilt and feedsack look great on your quilt hanger. Isn't it nice to have friends who share a mutual interest

corry said...

What a wonderful presents! That old logcabin quilt is absolutly beautiful!!

Karen said...

Oh, Lucy, that's such a cute picture of Isis with the drawing, I love it! Love your other gifts as well, feedsacks are the very best. I have a lovely one with a beautiful rural scene on it in my bathroom. And have a cutter log cabin at my entry (the one in my banner). See you later!! Karen