Thursday, February 28, 2008

Goat farm



Patti was wondering what we were doing at the goat farm. Our 13 year old loves animals and they love her back. It is so special to see her with the animals, she lights up and is so happy. Being a special needs child when she is happy we are happy.
Unfortunately for her we live in a city. Going to the farm lets us escape the city and enjoy a bit of the country for a few hours. Luckily for her we have a dog, Joseph. They are Joseph are so special to each other. We also have two guinea pigs. Our 13 year old is the one to take care of them and I think nobody in the world can do that better than she does.

Since we can't run a farm at our place (something she would love), we visit the goat farm once in a while. The children can feed the goats for a little fee.







They also can feed little goats a bottle of milk. Or what our 13 year old did, feed a big pig a bottle!!



A perfect day for our 13 year old and the goats! (and for her mom who enjoy this trip as much as she does )




Lucy

13 comments:

Kathie said...

Oh Purdey looks like she is so happy there.
Wow that is a big pig!!!!
yes we all need time in the country I think !
We are lucky where we live the next town over has farms and many days I go out of my way to ride thru there just to enjoy the scenery...
Kathie

de vliegende koe said...

Wonderful post Lucy. Purdey looks really very happy. I love to go to the goatfarm het Geertje at Zoeterwoude http://www.hetgeertje.nl.
I sometimes go with my little nieces and nephews who also live in the big city.

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Oh golly this is so neat, Lucy. I loved reading about Purdey and the day with the animals. Makes for a happy Saturday morning. ;)

Farming for Love, *karendianne.

Libby said...

What a nice day for you both - I'm sure I would have wanted to bring that piggy home for my very own *s*

Patti said...

What a great story! I have goats on my little farm and they look just like the ones at the Goat Farm!

Cascade Lily said...

Lucy what a great idea for a family outing! I love pigs too - they such funny, smart animals!

Darcie said...

I bet seeing your pictures now puts a smile on Purdey's face once again...just remembering the good time that she experienced. Is this the same place that you took Bonnie when she visited?

Enjoy your day, Lucy.

Tracey said...

what you and purdey need to do is come to my house and she can have all the fun she wants in the country! you and me? we'll pull out our featherweights and QUILT! :oD

Lea said...

What a wonderful place to visit! Your daughter reminds me the movie(also book) called "Charlotte's Web". :-)

Dawn said...

I love Purdy feeding the big pig! She is just like Rebecca and her horses! Rebecca just loves visiting her horses!

trelly said...

The animals are lovely...I like your works very much. A kiss from La Coruña, Spain

Karen said...

Purdey looks happy there. Oh, I miss the country.

Patty said...

Looks like my little farm ! Its wonderful to see children light up with the joy of being around animals.