Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Painter

A few days ago I started my new purple quilt. I LOVE how it is coming along. For a beautiful quilt you need beautiful fabrics. I can't search in this mess for beautiful fabrics anymore. Time for a real makeover!


For a moment I almost regretted I started it. My Darling (read: featherweight) was calling me all the time, even in this mess. I knew that ordering my fabrics in this closet would take more time than I wanted.

Finally, after hours, a night sleep and more hours it looks like this :-)


Wow, what a difference! That gives a satisfying feeling. Pfff.. Time to relax..



What’s that! No!! I left this golden box filled with darning wool on my stove. It came out of the mess and it needs a place back in the closet. Hmm, maybe I can organize the wool from the golden box into a smaller box, then I will find a place.




I'm ready to sew :-)

Lucy


Ps... Maybe you wondered why this post is called painter. Maybe you are wondering how I can turn this closet into such a mess,

Well when I'm sewing I feel just like a painter, instead of throwing with paint I throw my fabrics all around me, sorry I can't help it. I enjoy the sewing part so much that I can´t think about folding the used fabrics....
I don't have a sewing room. I sew in my living room (actually my living room is my sewing room) I need the table for sewing and for our dinners. So what to do a few minutes before I have to serve dinner? Yes I grab all the fabrics and squeeze them into the closet!
My intention is to keep this closet tidy for a while, but I can't promise ;-)

23 comments:

Paula said...

I would like to nominate you for the "Greatest Closet Renovation in Blogland". I don't know if there is such an award, but you deserve it! Bravo!

Lissa Jane said...

oh what a makeover! of course you know this means, you can buy more fabric cause you have SPACE!!!


Lissa

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Lucy, I love this post! Very fun. I'm a "painter" in spirit, too and I quilt in my kitchen so I appreciate your set up.

Artisan Love, *karendianne.

Patty said...

Oh - Lucy - I just love your emotion and feel right along with you! Your closet looks wonderful and wish mine could look like that too - maybe you need to come visit me? We would have such fun with Kathie and Lorre and Megan!

tami said...

Very impressive job on the closet. All ready to sew now. :cD

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

It looks transformed... and wow what a good use of space.

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

ooh, your closet looks beautiful - I love the items on the door too. A purple quilt? I suspect it will use very different colors of purple than I have in my stash (all brights).

canquilt said...

Lucy, your closet looks beautiful. It looks like there is a little more room in there for a few more meters now.

Lea said...

OMG, Your closet is SO beautiful!Oh, those fabrics, they looks so yummy!!! Boy, You did great job for folding those fabrics. *S*

Laura said...

Your fabric closet looks great Lucy. I have been in that organization mode myself. It makes me feel so much more creative when I can see what I am working with.

Moorea said...

Lucy-
That is an amazing transformation!
It is beautiful.Kudos! Did you get
Gouda cheese at the goat farm?
We have a Dutch family in Modesto
who makes the best Gouda. We drive
1 hour just to get it.

Pam said...

Hmmm...a purple quilt. When do we see more of this wonderful quilt? Your closet is so organized. You inspire me to get busy and get organized. But it might have to wait until I can get some of the projects finished that are on my table now!

Tazzie said...

Well done with your organising - all that fabric looks so inspiring!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Cascade Lily said...

At least you have a cupboard! My fabric is in two big plastic roller tubs and I sew on our dining room table too :) Well done! Hope it lasts!!

Tracey said...

it looks fabulous lucy!! you did a great job! now...i wanna see pics of your purple quilt!! :o)

...especially love the last pic. very nice!

tracey

ineke said...

Het ziet er weer geweldig uit. Hoop dat het geen nachtwerk is geworden!!
groetjes.
Ineke

julieQ said...

Wow Lucy! Your fabric closet looks great! Do you make house calls??

Judy said...

Fabulous job Lucy...I know, I'm still working on mine!

Dawn said...

Wow! Your closet looks so wonderful now that you took the time to fold the fabrics! Wow it was so worth it!

Patti said...

Oh well done, Lucy - well done!

Love the pictures of Purdy at the goat farm. What a very beautiful young girl she is!

La Tea Dah said...

Love, love, love this post!!!!

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

That's pretty impressive Lucy. You have some lovely fabrics - I especially love the blocks in your last post.

Helen said...

Your cupboard looks great. Well in the 'after' photo it does. I guess by now it is back to the 'before' photo if you are anything like me.