Tuesday, May 27, 2008

“The Journey of August King” and ecology cloth

Several women came with the same title for the film I am looking for.

“The Journey of August King”

In reviews of the film I recognize the man and the story. So this must be the movie! I saw the movie is an adaptation of a book. I ordered the book and I’m looking if I can borrow the movie from the videoshop.

I will let you know if the book and movie were good! Thank you so much for your help.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A lot of you asked me what ecology cloth is and where I use it for.

Well, it’s nothing more than a higher quality muslin. I heard of it for the first time from Kathie.

Bonnie and I saw it in Paducah at the booth from Bellwether Dry Goods. We saw quilts made with ecology cloth. We first thought they were antique quilts. I was impressed. I bought a couple of yards to try and I LOVE it .

I used it in this mini quilt.


These blocks...



And as the background for an appliqué.

Lucy



11 comments:

Libby said...

Oh - I love the fabric in the mini quilt . . . now I have bookmarked the site so I can order some for my stash *s*

Lea said...

I'm like Libby, I love your Mini quilt. Those ecology cloth's color is very antique-ish. I love it! *S*

Kristi in the Western Reserve said...

I called Georgina Fries at Bellwether and was able to order some ecology cloth. She says to be sure to wash it in hot water before using it. And they don't take credit cards, but I mailed a check today. Thanks for mentioning this, Lucy.

julieQ said...

Very pretty blocks, Lucy!

quiltygal said...

Glad you found your film... must check out this cloth if you recommend it it must be good... do you like Xmas? I am having a give away come visit:)
Claire

quiltygal said...

Well....just googled it found an Aussie supplier & ordered 2 metres and it was on special for $7.80 per metre instead of $12.95 how good is the internet from Holland to Australia in a few minutes!!
Claire

quiltmom said...

Hi Lucy,
You are always doing interesting things. I was shopping last week and found the Vintage Quilts magazine that you made your Mosaic quilt out of. I was so thrilled to find it, as I want to make the quilt after seeing your beautiful quilt. I was sure that I had missed my chance but there the magazine was and I didn't think twice - I bought it. When I get a chance to make it, I will send you a photo... Thanks for the inspiration...
Your new blocks are lovely.
Regards from a Western Canadian Quilter,
Anna

quiltygal said...

Yes me again just to let you know that my Ecology clth arrived today I didn't realise how wide it was its humungous!! makes it an even cheaper buy. Ill wash it tomorrow morning then decide what I'll do first.
Claire

Heidi said...

Lovely little blocks!

La Tea Dah said...

Enjoy a happy, happy day! I've been thinking of you and hope all is well!

LaTeaDah

Moorea said...

Lucy, It seems it is getting harder to find fabrics that are well made.
I am glad you found something of quality to use.It makes such a difference in the quilting! These blocks are great, they remind me of Ocean Waves in reverse. Take care.
~Moorea