Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm back in blogging world

After a break from more than 7 weeks I'm back in blogging world. Where do I have to start! I ended my last post with this covered wagon...



...and this was 'our' covered wagon for three weeks. We went for a vacation to Washington and Oregon! We have seen so much, we have done so much! Riding in an RV through the country, and not knowing where we sleep in the evening is to me the ultimate feel of freedom! Let me give you a little impression of our vacation.


We have been to Jimmy Hendrix's grave. --Very important for the men in my family-- It was impressive to be there. Still today Jimmy Hendrix is giving inspiration to so many guitar players. He was unique. It's so sad that he died so young!



We celebrated July 4 in Fort Vancouver. A festival visited by 65.000 people! With at the end a big firework!

Mount Rainier is amazing beautiful! There was still snow. We have been in the snow in summer! Wow, that was fantastic!

The Oregon coast with his beauty! We drove from Lincoln City to Bandon. We saw different landscapes from the rocks till sandy beaches and dunes.


From the first time that I have been to the US I love TRUCKS! Especially when they carry these big logs! How tough!


From the coast we went inlands, into the woods with their beautiful creeks!


And not only creeks. What do you think of waterfalls!




I have never seen such a beautiful color blue as Crater Lake. It's difficult to picture the right blue. I can tell you it was very impressive!


Some of you spotted me on other blogs during my break, LOL. Yes I have been in Sisters!! I met Bonnie and her friends. We had a few amazing days!




Well, we have been in the snow on the mountain, along the coast, waterfalls, creeks, woods and what about this cove! I love this kind of nature.. It's so beautiful, to me so America.


The endless roads...
We drove along the Columbia River! Can you imagine, about 100 years ago families travelled here in covered wagons searching for a new home!



After three weeks we arrrived in Seattle. From this place we flew home, full with new experiences!


This was amazing. From the airplane I saw the top of the mountain through the clouds....

This is a short impression of our vacation. I can tell you much more. We took hundreds of pictures...


Next post I will show you what I have made during my blogbreak, after all this is a craft blog hè :-)


Lucy

43 comments:

Carolien said...

Welcome back, Lucy! What a beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing.

Groeten, Carolien

Kathie said...

welcome back Lucy, I for one have missed your posts!
great pictures of our beautiful country.
Kathie

nicolette said...

Welcome back Lucy! Watching the photos felt like making a little trip through the US!

Annemiek said...

Ha! Fijn dat er weer een post op je blog staat. Mooie foto's!Sinds je de 1e keer met n camper naar de US geweest bent, kriebelt het hier ook heel erg. Ik ga sparen!

Tazzie said...

What a wonderful adventure you and your family have had. Welcome home, I look forward to seeing more of your vacation pictures.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

tami said...

Welcome Back! It looks like you had an AMAZING time. The pictures are gorgeous. I can't wait to see what you made on the road.

ineke said...

Heerlijk om weer op je blog langs te komen, mooie foto's
groetjes,
Ineke

Connie W said...

Thank you for the beautiful photos of your trip, they're fantastic. It's good to have you back posting on your blog!

dot said...

Welcome back. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation to the western part of the states. It is amazing what we take for granted because we live it every day. I once again look forward to seeing America thru your eyes.

ELIN - "The quilt maiden" said...

Thank you for wonderful pictures from America! You sure have had a wonderful vacation!!!

~Jess said...

Welcome back! It looks like you had an amazing trip! You certainly saw more of America in 3 weeks than I have.

corry said...

Welcome back Lucy! What a beautiful pictures..sounds like you had an amazing vacation!

Ms. Jan said...

Welcome back Lucy! You and the family took in some beautiful country on your trip--thanks for sharing the pictures.

TLC said...

Fun to hear about your trip! Crater Lake is our all time favorite place to go camping. It is so breathtakingly gorgeous! It is an 8 hour drive for us to get there but SO worth it!!

Karen said...

Welcome back! Your vacation pictures are beautiful. Hope you feel relaxed and ready to sew up a storm. I look forward to seeing pictures of what you have been working on.

Gina said...

Welcome back.

they are beautiful photos.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Libby said...

Welcome back - what an exciting trip. Can't wait to hear (and see) more about it and learn about your blogbreak project *s*

Judy said...

Whoo Hoo! Lucy is back!! Glad to see your lovely trip pictures!

Patty said...

Welcome back! I know what you mean about Crater Lake - breathtaking - we were there in the snow in Summer too! We had a snowball fight in shorts! Next Summer please come East so we can see you! Can't wait to see what you've made.....

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Lucy! I've missed reading your blog. Sounds like a great trip!

Gale, a Kentucky quilter

vivi said...

nice pics :D
you had a great time during your vacations
kisses, vivi

La Tea Dah said...

Welcome back, Lucy! I'm so glad you are back to blogging again! I loved your post --- VERY, VERY much! You did a great job giving us a quick tour of your three week vacation. You saw many WONDERFUL places!

Love
LaTeaDah

Kristi in the Western Reserve said...

How lovely to see you back in blogland, Lucy! You were much missed, but I see you really had a wonderful time away from your regular world! Such family vacations make memories for a lifetime for all of you..........
Kristi in Ohio

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back! What a wonderful vacation you have had. I have not been to Washington and haven't seen much of Oregon. Thank you for sharing your photos and impressions. Heather

Sherry said...

Welcome back Lucy!! It will be good to hear about your summer adventures.

Thank you for showing parts of my country that I have not yet visited. . .they are beautiful pictures.

Sherry V.

Quilt Hollow said...

Lucy is back! YAHOO! I miss seeing your little quilts...I've always been a lurker but while you were on break I joined in! Be sure to check out my blog for decorating with little quilts that I think you will really enjoy. Bonnie does....I'm trying to convince her to make smaller for decorating nooks and grannies!

Patti said...

Very glad to have you back. I've been checking regularly hoping you would start posting again soon. I'm so glad you enjoyed our fair part of the country!

Yesterday I mailed you a picture CD. I included all the pictures I've taken of the antique quilts that Eileen showed us in her classes. I also included all the pictures I took at the Pomeroy House quilt show - most of them of antique quilts. I hope you can make it work on your computer and that you enjoy having these!

Patti

Shasta said...

That sounds so adventuresome, and a lot of fun. Welcome back.

Marilyn R said...

Welcome back! Thanks for the photo tour of your trip!

tracey said...

welcome back, girlie!! i'm so glad that you and your family had such a wonderful visit! don't forget to show us what you bought at Sisters (i saw you eyeing up those antique quilts!)!

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Lucy! We are all so glad you are back to blog. Would love to see more vacation photos, especially the quilt show in Sisters!

Moorea said...

I am so glad you are back, and it looks like you had a wonderful time on your trip! I can't wait to see what you worked on.

Carole said...

THANK YOU for the lovely pictures, it's like a trip in one's chair. It must have been really wonderful... and how lucky you are to have been to Sisters and attend the quilt show :-)
Can't wait to see what you've made. Take care !

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I have been so waiting to see pics of your trip. You have seen some of the most beautiful places! Places I want to see so bad. I"ll have to get Mark to rent an RV! (By the way, have you ever seen the movie RV? Corny but really funny).

Suzie said...

Nice to have you back!
What a wonderful trip! And with quilts along the way!!!Thanks for sharing the great pictures.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Glad you and your family are home safe and sound.

Anxious to see more of your pictures. Thank you for sharing.

Heidi said...

Wonderful photos Lucy! Sister must be an amazing show to see. My brother is a trucker and owns a big flatbed truck like this. He is doing a load in Oregon as we speak.

Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi

Kristin said...

Welcome back, Lucy! I've missed your blog this summer, but your trip report makes up for it. It looks like a memorable vacation.

liane said...

beautiful landscape Lucy. Welcome back.

Gumbo Lily said...

Great trip! I've been to Oregon once and loved it! Blessed are you.

Jody

Mar said...

welcome home, I love seeing the States through your eyes!

siteseer said...

Glad you had a safe trip. We just got back from 3 months in an RV and I was amazed at how many rentals there were out there. Your picture of Crater Lake was much nicer than mine.

Cascade Lily said...

Welcome back. What an amazing holiday you had :)