Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wow

A few weeks ago I saw on Holly's blog 'And sew it is' that Holly had made a very beautiful dishcloth.
I'm a big fan of discloths since I knitted them on my vacation in the US! I spoke with Holly about yarn, patterns and dishcloths. I used Lion Cotton which I like very much. She offered to send me some balls of Sugar 'n Cream yarn so that I can try that too! What a very nice offer!

Look what Holly sent me, not one ball of yarn but a whole shoe box full with yarn. She sent me awesome colours. Look at that pink. I had to grab my knitting needles immediately!

Big surprise is that Holly gave me also two nice booklets with dishcloth patterns! Thank you so much Holly. Now I'm able to make the same cute dishcloths as she did. As you can see my first dishcloth is growing. It feels very absorbent already!




Lucy



11 comments:

andsewitis Holly said...

Ohhh, it looks pretty in pink. I'm going to have to make some in pink, too. :-) Happy knitting, Lucy!

Shari said...

What pretty colours. How long do knitted dish cloths last?

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh how fun! Almost (notice I say almost) makes me want to learn to knit!!!!

Judy said...

I love Sugar and Creme cotton! That pink is fantastic!

Tazzie said...

How nice of Holly, what a sweetheart she is! I have always loved dishcloths, and I'd like to make one some day. But I just have this feeling I'd never want to actually put it to use! I'm sure you're much braver than I am.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

nicolette said...

Enjoy your wonderful box of gifts!! Holly is a generoud blogfriend!

Bonnie said...

Wow Holly did great! What a surprise! I think you will soon have more dishcloths than you need, and will have to send some my way just to help you out.. :cD

Bonnie

Idaho Quilter said...

A new hobby for you, and they are so welcome as gifts. I never met a dishwasher that didn't prefer them.

Threeundertwo said...

Isn't that Sugar and Cream fun stuff! Love that pink you're working with.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I like using knit washclothes. That was a wonderful gift - should keep you busy for awhile!
Cheers! Evelyn

Jeanne said...

So I couldn't see the names of the pattern books she sent you, I would LOVE to know the names of the books and how fun to get a box of start up yarn etc. Have fun. :)