Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Larger pictures

Some of you asked me how I enlarge some of my pictures. Larger as the 'large' size which is available in blogger.
I hope that the following information is helpful.

Upload your picture as usual. In medium size.
Like this...




When you read the Html of the picture you will see this:

WIDTH: 320px; CURSOR: hand; HEIGHT: 214px; TEXT-ALIGN: center" alt="" src="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_bbCRFiRAtDA/Sa45DnLQ4dI/AAAAAAAACvc/54oeymMIkgw/s320/eieren+027.JPG" border="0"

Here it comes..

Change:

- WIDTH: 320px into 640px
- HEIGHT: 214px into 428px


and read a bit further change

- s320 in s640

That's all and ta daaaahh here it is; the picture a bigger size.



Another question was how did I make my writing space wider. I have template 'Scribe' and a long time ago I customized it. My son taught me a lot. Bonnie showed me how to make a nice background and I read a lot of information sites about blogging. Since that was a long time ago I have to go back and take a look to see what I did. I will find which site was very helpful for me and I will post the link to thsi site.

I hope to give you more information about this in a few days. Please just give me some time :-)

Lucy

12 comments:

janet said...

This is so helpful, thank you for taking the time to explain it.

Anne said...

Thanks for this tip! I am new to blogging. Can you tell me how you got the cute checked border on your blog. I have a blue polka dor I'd like to use. Love your blog.

Lynda (Granny K) said...

A million thanks for this information! :o)

Kerstin said...

That's great Lucy, I'm a bloody blog-newbie and I'm very thankful for all tipps and hints to make a blog more pleasant.

Greets Kerstin

Thimbleanna said...

Great tips Lucy. Your blog is SO beautiful!!!

Simone de Klerk said...

Thank you for letting us know this! I'll try it on my next post!

Country Log Cabin Quilter said...

Thanks! I had just been wondering how do do that, especially for the picture at the top of my blog.

floribunda said...

that's wonderful -- I just tried it on one of my photos and it worked perfectly! it's great to be able to learn one little process at a time instead of being overwhelmed with a whole book of them. thanks!

Connie said...

Great tip. Your egg holder - I've never seen one before! Neato!

Caroline said...

Hi, I saw an article about you in the quiltmania. GREAT!!! Looking forward to meet you together with Marne. groetjes Caroline

Judy said...

Lovely pictures Lucy! What you did with the writing space is probably what I did...you changed the size of the text area from the normal 660 pixels to 800. It's near the beginning of your template.

La Tea Dah said...

Thank you for this information. I'm looking forward to the wider spacing information as well. You have a beautiful blog with such AWESOME photography!

And congrats on being published in Quiltmania. I am so proud of you!!! You look beautiful in the picture. . .

Glad you have you blogging more again, I hope!!!

Love
LaTeaDah