Thursday, May 20, 2010

Texas

A few weeks ago My DH and I were so lucky to go on vacation to Texas just the two of us! My DH loves music especially The blues and Austin is the place to be. So I booked a flight, rented a car and for a week we drove on the roads of Texas around Austin. In the mornings we didn't know where we sleep that night.. For us it is the perfect way to travel. I would like to show you a little peek of Texas through my eyes. Skyline of Austin Everywhere is live music. And I loved to see all the oldtimers. We have seen so many of them. Can you imagine?? Bonnie was also in Austin the same time. We didn't plan this. Isn't it amazing. We spend an evening together. It was so good te see her.
Everywhere there were flowers along the road. So beautiful. We visited very nice little towns. On mainstreet the old buildings where just incredible.. Some places are just like in movies.
and look who's there ;-)
We went to a few little State Parcs. Beautiful!! We saw a lot in one week! We had a great time.
Lucy

11 comments:

Country Log Cabin Quilter said...

Thanks for visiting our state!

ria vogelzang said...

So nice to hear you both had a great time! The pictures look awesome!!
And what luck you saw Bonnie!

Marga (MarPie) said...

Mooie plaatjes en wat een toeval dat je Bonnie nu juist daar tegen komt.
Leuk hé al die oude auto's.
Groetjes,
Marga

Notjustnat said...

Lucky coincident for you to meet up with Bonnie on your trip. You two looked very happy. Thanks for sharing the great photos - Hugs Nat

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

I'm glad you enjoyed my home state. I don't live there now. Did you go to Marble Falls, Texas? It is about 40 miles from Austin. I hope you got to go to Fredericksburg, Texas while you were there. It is an interesting little town.

I love the antique malls also. Glad you got to take home a basket and a pretty vase. Take care, Karen

Julie in the Barn said...

It is so much fun when you post about your travels. You take such lovely photos. I almost feel like I'm traveling along with you. You must come visit my area sometime. I'm very near Yosemite, a world treasure.

julieQ said...

Our son lives in Austin, and I was just at that state park you pictured with the waterfall, isn't that a fun place? Glad you had a good trip and got to see Bonnie!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sounds like an amazing trip. Love your pics..especially the one taken on the road right down centre lane!

Tamara said...

so nice to meet you! i stumbled across your blog looking for new quilting blogs to follow. I live in texas and it was nice to see you enjoyed your visit. One of my other loves is texas and western music and we do a radio show online twice a week where we play it. If your interested, i would be happy to give you a link... maybe we could help you get that texas music craving filled more often!

Nettie said...

Hi, Lucy, what a surprise to see that you were in Austin. It's my hometown. I'm bringing my German sweetie there this summer for a visit (not the best time weather-wise :-). You're so good at finding the most interesting things in a place.

Patty said...

I sure wish I had known you were in Texas, we would have loved to have you visit us. We went to Fredricksberg and to the same state park this past September and really enjoyed it.
Autsin is just a 3 hour drive from us, so if you visit again, please come see us