Friday, November 04, 2011

Christmas balls and Paul de Leeuw

I never thought that I could knit with 5 needles.
I never thought that I could knit with two colors. (now I think it is no problem to knit with even more than two colors)..
and I never thought that I would ever knit Christmas balls on Dutch television during the show of Paul the Leeuw!!!

Wieke invited me to go with her to the show.

Arne and Carlos, the authors of the book '55 Christmas Balls to knit' are coming to talk about their book. Yeah..I'm going to meet them. The show is on Saturday 5 November at 20.25 hour. I will let you know how much fun this was!

Lucy


My first knitted Christmas ball

19 comments:

David said...

Congratulations!!! It is awesome!

Willy said...

De eerste kerstbal is je goed gelukt!
Ik vond het nog best een gestoei met die vijf naalden en twee draden. Met bamboenaalden zal het al een stuk beter gaan, maar die moet ik nog aanschaffen.
Veel plezier zaterdag, ik zit voor de buis!

Angie said...

Beautiful! I knew you could do it. Knitting with more than two needles and more than one color can be fun!

Karen said...

I have never seen ornaments like that. So unique. And you were up to the challenge.

Liz said...

Congratulations! It is beautiful.

Ann at Prairie Primrose said...

Wonderful!

Doniene said...

It is real neat!!! I'm looking forward to seeing more!!

Janet said...

I hope you take your ball with you, it looks fantastic. I'm sure there will be more to make.

Wieke van Keulen said...

Deze foto is ook al zo mooi! Woh. En nogmaals... keurig gebreid!

Joanne said...

Beautiful!! Maybe one day you will have a picture (great picture!) like Wieke has on her site?LOL

Kristi in the Western Reserve said...

Beautiful! And Congratulations, Lucy!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congratulations! I haven't a clue how to knit anything. The ball is cute.

Stellapiano said...

Aww, it turned out completely adorable! Congratulations!

Ann-Mari said...

Clever girl. I knew you could do it. It is so fun to see old norwegian traditions still being used. I learned to knit with 5 needles by my grandmother. Good luck on the show and meeting the guys:-D

Willeke said...

Mooie bal en heel veel plezier vanavond!

Mary said...

I've never seen a knitted Christmas ball and this is beautiful!

La Tea Dah said...

Beautiful! I love it!

Sarah said...

Lucky you to meet the authors - I love those knitted Christmas balls

Ruth Ann said...

Thank you for identifying my unknown knitted red and white ball that I found in my Christmas decorations this year! It looks just like yours, only it is white on red. I have no idea where I got it.