Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Op een zonnige dag


Hi, let me tell you what is going on here.

Today I started a new tile block. I have a love/hate affair with this project. I LOVE the technique. I cut the shapes free handed. When I start a block I don't know how it is finished. I just let it grow. It is fun to search in a scrap bag for the color and the shape you need. Freedom!
But I don't know if I will like the quilt when it is finished. It is so busy...


Look what's under the block. I'm using this book as a 'lap table' It is a very nice book. Let me show you a peek inside. (my daughter is using my lap table for her laptop :-/ So now I'm side tracked by this book :-)


Wish I had bedrooms like this, including quilts :-)




What's more on my garden table. A dishcloth project. A perfect project to take with you. A new color yarn is waiting for me. You can find the pattern at the drops site. (thank you Martine).


Ohh no, I have more on my garden table. I started this cross stitch during our trip to Texas. (not that I had time for it ;-)

And what do I have inside my house..
Look, next to my cycling shoes. Yes there is still my 'almost finished' quilt. If I'm going to work at it it will be finished soon.. yes,if..


At the other side of the couch is a bag with the ripple blanket for my daughter.


On top of this basket is my secret project. I hope it will be published and before that I can't show it you.
If you take a good look you see a part of a quilt I want to work on as soon as my 'almost finished' quilt is finished :-)


and yes... in between all my projects. (Looks like I'm out of control) I'm doing my chores, like the laundry etc.
Think I don't have to tell that there are living 3 daughters who love pink in this house ;-)

Lucy


Lucy's 365 days

18 comments:

Kathie said...

love your new block, reminds me of a border on a gwen quilt :) and that book is one of my favorites!!!!

keep going can't wait to see the rest of the block and that quilt your hand quilting looks wonderful!!!!
Kathie

Shakerwood said...

I have bought and gotten rid of many books over the years but I have kept that one. It's obviously a great inspirational book!

Phyllis said...

Wonderful to see a post on this blog again. Have the book too, strangely enough with a different cover though.. great projects & great laundry :-))!

sewprimitive karen said...

Love the pink laundry. I was just looking through my copy of Country Quilts yesterday. So many good quilts in there.

Janet said...

So lovely to see the projects you are working on. That book looks wonderful - I love the 7 sisters quilt on the cover! I have a lot of pink laundry too - 2 girls who love pink :0)

Doniene said...

Het is een zonnige dag ook hier.

Prachtige donskekens projecten.

Groetjes!

Ruby's said...

Lovely projects. can't wait to see how they all turn out.

Breienmaar said...

Graag gedaan! Leuk al die roze was:)

mereth said...

There must be something in the air, I was looking at my copy of this too!
All the photos of your different projects made me laugh, it's a bit like that at my house with knitting and hand piecing and applique all round the place. At least we're not bored.....

Ann said...

A lovely post Lucy. Your tile quilt is going to be gorgeous, beautiful reds you are using. Your secret project looks very interesting :-) Love the book!!

Evelyne said...

Mooie quilt echt zomers! Leuk dat je de stoffen uit je voorraad hebt gekozen.
Ik vind de border met het ruitje zo ontzettend leuk, lekker vrolijk!
Je foto's van je quilts zijn prachtig!
Compliment!
Goed weekend, Evelyne

Kristen said...

Goodness me, you are busy! You're making so many beautiful things all at once, I'm inspired to start about ten new projects. Gorgeous. :)

Kristi in the Western Reserve said...

I love your almost finished quilt especially....Your color palette is different than the ones I usually see...And I like it.

Trying to imagine a full size quilt made with these tile blocks. It could be busy, but I think it would be cheerful, especially in winter.

Michelle said...

Lucy , I love your tile blocks.
I have had that book for so long and I love it too.

Quilter Kathy said...

Your place looks a little like mine, with a sprinkling of started projects everywhere I go!

Kim said...

You certainly never sit with idle hands do you?
Such lovely projects!

Happy sewing

Kleine Vingers said...

The book looks very interesting, I dream from rooms like in the book...
greetings

Mette said...

I love the cross stitch. Is it your own design...!?